42 - The Ogre Village Battle p1

The battle finally began when the chief of the ogres and I gave the signal to our troops, each of our respective sides.

Immediately, our troops began to move.

My soldiers were almost all in the rear, only a few of them leaving for the battlefront, as had already been agreed with everyone. Among them were the Kiri and Kaze, who formed pairs to always have a short-range specialist and a long-range specialist with them.

That way, in addition to dealing with enemies before they approached, my soldiers could also deal with opponents who approached. That, and replacement soldiers who would switch places with frontline soldiers who were injured or tired, would ensure the safety of my troops.

And in the end, as I said, the fight was in our hands, me and my executives.

Let's take a look at what they're doing right now...

***

A group of ogres was trying to get around the front line to try to get to Rimuru, attacking him from the rear. In front of them, the ogre with blue hair and a single white horn on its head was leading the group, being followed by an ogre similar in appearance to him, only older. The resemblance made it clear, both were father and son.

"I'll leave it to you this time. Don't be taken aback, my son!"

"Understood, father!"

The ogre at the front of the group muttered this and quickened his steps, not taking his attention away from his surroundings. His family members, among the members of the ogre clans, were not as capable when it came to hand-to-hand combat, at least when compared to the other ogres. Even so, when it came to not being detected by the enemy, they were the best without a doubt.

Of course, they were more than confident that they could defeat mere Hob Goblins if it was a head-on fight, but that wasn't their goal.

This was a war, it would all end when the enemy leader fell. That's exactly why his father, he and a small group were flanking the other groups. Their plan was to attack the goblin leader while he focused on the enemies that could come from the front and thus take him down quickly.

Some people might think of this method as being cowardly, but a warrior who isn't even able to sense or reach his opponent cannot expect to be taken seriously in battle. If he wanted the ogres to respect him, as the leader of the ogres said was his goal, then he would need to go through this level of strategy.

While thinking about that, the ogre leading the group suddenly felt a feeling that was quite strange to him. It was a feeling he couldn't remember feeling for a long time, back when his father was still training him in the art of sneaking around without being noticed.

It was the feeling that he was being watched.

"Caution!!"

The moment he heard his father's words, even if it was instinct, he reacted and took a step back. The place where his foot had been, just a second before, was hit by an arrow, with such force that the ground was shattered.

"What is it? Who's there?!"

All members of the group instinctively grabbed their swords and prepared for combat. They hadn't seen the archer, they didn't know where he was, but they had a rough idea of ​​his location because of where the arrow had come from. Therefore, they were on guard against anything coming from that direction, as they tried to see where the archer was.

"So you're not going to show up? Could it be that this Rimuru's subordinates are that scared?!"

As soon as he spoke those words, the ogre was able to sense the aura that the archer was trying to hide. The ogre smirked at how simple it was to manipulate him, even with a simple provocation like that.