14 - Problems, problems and, check it out? More problems...

I have to say, I'm intrigued. The warning the Sage spoke inside my head filled me with deep confusion. I mean, it's not that uncommon for the Sage to give me a warning, I was actually expecting a special warning, but I didn't think I was trying hard enough for something like this to happen to me.

How hard did I try to make this happen?

<<Confirmed! The individual Rimuru Tempest has acquired the skill [Super Sharp Touch]!>>

I understand that I was focusing on identifying the specific shape, as well as feeling every tiny ripple behind each Poyon~ Poyon~, but imagining that the simple feel that this slime body of mine should have evolved into [Super Fine Touch ]... Also, I could feel the quality of the skill, allowing me to feel every slightest ripple of my target.

Haah~, what can't a person do if they try hard enough?

Despite that event, which could only be described as something totally unbelievable for everyone present, things had calmed down at the bar. The elf girls seemed to have experience in the act of entertaining customers, so even something as unforeseen as the interference of a powerful spirit in a prediction went completely unnoticed as they engaged our attention with...interesting conversation.

Well, that must be the elves' special power. I can't imagine another race having the same hypnotic power that elves have.

Despite that, it's not like I don't want to find some other fantasy races in this world. Bunny ears and cat tails would be interesting to look at, at the very least.

Well, the most important thing was that everyone had gone back to drinking, with the previous mood having been dissipated by the elves' ability to hypnotize people with... conversation. And, while Kaijin and I had our glasses being filled, the door to the bar opened and one person was admitted.

I didn't pay much attention to the newcomer, you know? I mean, why would I pay attention to a person like him? My [Magicle Perception] says he's totally insignificant as a mage and I don't feel he has the ability of a warrior, I can say that without even looking at him.

In the end, I decided to ignore him.

Still, I don't know if it was instinct or something along those lines, but my drink tasted a little more bitter after he walked into the bar... although I'm not even able to taste it. Is this the power a nasty person has to screw things up? Without I realizing it, unconsciously, I had already decided not to get involved with the guy.

Not that I was going to get that, of course, as the next moment he was heading our way.

"Oya, oya, if it's not the great Kaijin-san?"

"Vesta..."

Our group's attention turned to the guy approaching with a smug smile on his face. He was wearing clearly expensive clothes, covered in a fancy-looking white robe, and combing his hair in a way that looked like those people who go overboard on hair gel and that's why there shouldn't even be hair gel in this world. Honestly, just looking at this guy I could tell that I didn't like him.

This guy is a problem.

Not that this guy is strong, far from it. Even if I ignored the amount of magicule, which didn't seem to be any better than a standard civilian, the way he moved and the few muscles he had made it clear that he wasn't trained at all and probably wasn't used to fight. I honestly believe an unevolved goblin could be more work in a fight than this guy.

Still, he was a problem. My instinct and experience told me so.

If I had to base myself on a manga, then this guy would be the son of a noble who thinks he has power even though the title isn't even his yet and takes advantage of people along the way he passes. A line like, "if you don't want trouble, then give me your daughter, wretched commoner" seemed to fit his character perfectly, and it pissed me off quite a bit. Even though I wasn't sure whether or not he was that kind of person, I already didn't like this guy.