Roberta shook her head. "This isn't an option. She'll have to go on bed rest Mr. Robinson. We're not taking chances," she said in a tone that exuded finality.

"Bed rest? Here?" Lexi repeated, looking to Trey for help. Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do about it if that was what had to be done to keep her and his children alive and healthy.

Trey remembered how close Nicolysse had been to harming her, and suddenly, he also didn't think it was a good idea. He looked back at Roberta who looked like she was awaiting his decision.

"I know you want the best for her like we all do," he began cautiously, "but my wife isn't really safe anymore and she has been receiving threats. Any way we can do the bed rest at home?"

Roberta looked at the heart monitor for Lexi. Of what good was it if being in the hospital made her stress levels climb even more? "And you're sure being here makes her an easy target?" she asked slowly. "There's hospital security."

Trey nodded once. "I know that, but if she'd been able to slip out of a hospital once without being noticed, then I'd say it would be just as simple for anyone to reach her."

He paused, then added, "If you need machines attached to her, tell me what those are and how I can get them so we set them up in her room for you... That is if you're okay with coming to visit for checkups?"

"We do need machines to monitor the babies' heart rates and overall growth," she said slowly, and Trey could see her adjusting to the idea. He didn't say anything as she thought it over, probably weighing the pros and cons of the situation.

Then, she sighed. "Fine. Her safety and those of the babies are all that matter. So, can you assure me she'll stay off her feet?"

"I'm willing to get her a wheelchair if that's what it takes," Trey said seriously, completely missing Lexi's eye roll.

"And please, don't stress her out." Trey nodded, and Roberta finally smiled, making Lexi feel at ease. "Once you get all the necessary machines in place, I'll start visiting. Is that okay?"

"More than okay," Trey replied readily. 

"Thank you for understanding," Alexandra said, smiling at her doctor while Trey kissed the top of her head.

"You're welcome," her doctor replied with a stunning smile. "I'll have to prescribe stronger medications for your heightened blood pressure till... let's just hope it comes back to normal. I'll be right back," she mumbled, excusing herself.

Trey rounded on Alexandra, brows raised as he waited for her to say what he wanted to hear. Instead, all she asked was, "What?" The fact that she looked genuinely confused undid him.

He frowned. "Are you seriously asking me that?" He ran a hand through his hair, taking a few steps back. "You said you were fine—"

"I was," she cut in.

"You lied to me about your health, and then you sat there, saying nothing about anything being wrong with you till I saw how terribly pale you were," he said, ignoring what she'd cut in with.

"My sister was the one who told me to look out for any changes, not my wife. I thought we were working on trust?"

""I just didn't feel the need to say anything."

He bent forward to look her in the eye. "Trust and communication, Lexi. If you want us to work things out, do your part."

"I'm sorry, okay?"

He huffed out a laugh. "You're sorry?" He pulled away from her, walking backwards. "Fine. I forgive you. But what if it had been worse? What if I'd lost you because you refused to tell me something as important as this? What would've happened then?"