Chapter 6

Y/Ns pov:

It's the next day and I am helping Ronal and Tsireya set up for the beach party tonight.

I love when we all come together and have big celebrations because of our brothers and sisters, the tulkans! They come back to our island once and year and we have a celebration the night before, it is so fun we eat then we dance then we eat again and dance till the morning.

"Y/n? Y/n? Hello?" Ronal says to me.

"Oh sorry, yes?"

"Can you go help with the chair please?"

"Of course" I say as I walk off.

I start walking onto the beach to get some chairs while I see lo'ak sitting on the beach.

I decided to walk up to lo'ak just to ask what he was doing.

Y/N- "um hey"

"Oh hey" he says awkwardly.

"Um do we have training today?"

"Oh no I don't think so we have to help set up for the big beach party" I explain.

"Beach party?" He asks.

"Oh yes up every year we have this party to celebrate the visit of the tulkans, they are our brothers and sisters that visit every year" I state.

"Oh that's cool, uh are we invited" he asks jokingly.

"Of course!" You and um neteyam and your family"

Lo'ak was about to speak but then paused.

"Um can I ask you something?" He asks

"Sure" I say.

"Did you and Neteyam sneak off together last night?"

"Me and neteyam? No no no he just fell on the beach and I was walking and saw him and just helped him with his wounds that's all" I lie.

Lo'ak just shakes his head and let's out a little chuckle and smiles.

"Why did you get so defensive when I asked you that?" He laughs.

"WHAT NO, I mean no I didn't, I am acting normal" I say.

"Ok whatever you say" lo'ak says and smiles.

Tsireya- "Y/n! Come on help us with these chairs!"

"Um ok well I better get going um I will see you guys at the party tonight right?"

"Yes, and neteyam will be making an appearance!" He winks at me.

"Ok ew no don't do that" I laugh.

I then walk off to help tsireya with the chairs.

ೃ⁀➷

*later that day at night*

I am with tsireya in my room getting ready for the party. I don't know why I have been taking so long to get ready I usually just throw on a seashell top and some seashell necklaces.

"Ok do you like this seaweed top better or this coral Top better" I ask tsireya.

Well it doesn't matter because you can pull off anything" she says

"Stop your too kind tsireya" I say sarcastically.

"Wait why are you so worried about your top and stuff" she asks

"I don't know I am just asking" I state

"Ok whatever you say... so this as nothing to do with neteyam? Maybe?" She questions.

"Um absolutely not! I do not like monkey boys" I roll my eyes and tsireya.

"Ok ok sorry" she says as she walks up behind me and starts taking out my braids in my hair"

"Ugh I wish I had hair like you" tsireya says.

"No way I hate my blonde hair, No Metkeyina has blond hair!"

"Do you want you hair down or up" she asks as she is already taking out my braids so there is not point in asking.

ೃ⁀➷

Me and tsireya and Aonung all arrive together to the party.

"By the way Y/n you look beautiful" Aonung says with a smile"

Aonung has liked me since we were kids, he has always made it pretty obvious by getting mad if anyone flirted with me. He also always says i am beautiful or I am the only one he wants.

"Thank you Aonung" I say with a smile.

I decided to go with the coral top because tsireya said it brings out my green eyes.

Me Aonung and tsireya sit down next to Ronal and Tonowari at the head of the table.

I right away only look for one person which I shouldn't be but I do, neteyam.

And then I spot him, he is already looking at me.