"Come to Cotillion tonight, all right? If Ben isn't smart enough to love you and you can't stand another day, I'll drive you back tomorrow myself. Okay?" Jay asks. He gets up and walks away. 

**************

Carlos is walking Dude when he runs into Jane and Alec. Jane is on the phone with someone and Alec is sitting at the table behind her working on a tablet. 

"Hey, babe," Carlos says, sitting beside his boyfriend. Alec looks over and smiles.

"Hey," Alec responds. Carlos looks over the boy's body, noticing he was still in his torn shirt, but it was scrunched in a way, that one couldn't tell it was torn or bloody. 

"Did you want me to go get you a new shirt?" Carlos asks. 

"Oh, umm. No, thank you. Eric is bringing me one. He was very confused about it though," Alec responds. Carlos nods and wraps his arm around Alec.

"Is everything okay?" Alec asks his boyfriend. Carlos looks at him confused. 

"What? Why?" Carlos asks. Alec knowingly raises his eyes. 

"Well, one, you watched me get stabbed and heal in front of you, and two, I saw you guys sitting on the grass over there," Alec explains. Carlos looks down at his lap. Alec grabs his hand.

"Oh, right. Well, I don't know why I'm so upset, because you're fine now, so I have no reason to feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest when I can't see you. I shouldn't have a want to constantly watch over you like at any moment you're gonna fall over and die on the spot. Because you're fine now," Carlos blurts. Tears grow in the eyes of both. Alec tightens his grip. 

"But I almost wasn't," Alec says softly. Carlos looks up with a sad smile. "Or rather you thought I wasn't going to be. And your feelings of fear or anxiousness are completely valid," Alec explains. Carlos lets a few tears fall as he pulls Alec in. Both take comfort in the other.

Alec

I don't need you to sell me on reasons to want you.

I don't need you to search for the proof that I should

You don't have to convince me

You don't have to be scared you're not enough

'Cause what we've got going is good
I don't need more reminders of all that's been broken
I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget
Clear the slate and start over
Try to quiet the noises in your head
We can't compete with all that
So what if it's us?
What if it's us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter?
Can we try that?
What if it's you
And what if it's me
And what if that's all that we need it to be
And the rest of the world falls away?
What do you say?

Carlos
I never thought there'd be someone like you who would want me
So I give you ten thousand reasons to not let me go
But if you really see me
If you like me for me and nothing else
Well, that's all that I've wanted for longer that you could possibly know
So it can be us
It can be us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter
We can try that

Both

It's not so impossible

Carlos