𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE.
A DAY BEFORE THE BAND'S BIG BREAK

THE daily music festival held in Madrid was a popular gathering for new up and coming bands. For Las Calaveras, this evening would be the chance to help their careers. Lucinda, Ningning, and Johnny were getting their instruments set up as they were the next artists to head up the stage. Melinda, their "manager" had rushed to their small backstage room, the three looked up at her in confusion.

"Sorry, I didn't knock. It's because you guys are up!!!" Melinda yelped in thrill. "Wait what? I thought we were up in five minutes? How come you're telling us this now..." Ningning chuckled in annoyance. "You'll thank me later for moving you up now. There's a large crowd waiting out. Don't disappoint them and don't disappoint me." Melinda's serious voice made it clear for the three of them that if they wanted this career, they'd have to take it seriously. Melinda had fought just to get the gigs, so if anything; they should be thanking her.

"Don't worry Melinda, I won't let them down. Espero que estes orgullosa de nosotros." Lucinda smiled as they felt ready to go perform. Melinda gave them each a hug and mouthed "good luck". They laughed it off before heading out to the stage.

...

THEY ended up having an excellent performance that evening. Everything was going great according to them. The band's social media following and the individual accounts were all gaining quick followers. Out of the fifteen performances, Las Calaveras won the first place prize. They all wanted to split the money but Melinda was against that. So now that money will go towards a better music studio for all three of them to train in.

It was about 10:30 at night, the three of them had gone down to a bar to celebrate their performance. Lucinda kept ordering drinks, Ningning kept challenging Johnny to drink shots with her. The trio were goofing off, but they had the right reason to do so. Eventually, they all finally waved each other goodbye.

The time was now 11:45 and Lucinda had returned to her sister's apartment. She'd think her sister would be sleeping or out with friends. But, she can't sneak past her as she's in the living room. Textiles spread all over the couch, a mannequin posed to its side, and lots of silky material. Lucinda slowly opened and closed the door behind her only to hear her sister, "Lucinda, why did you come back late? I hate to sound like ma, but it concerns me." Clarissa exclaimed with concern.

Clarissa hated having to worry about her sister, but Lucinda has only been in Madrid for five months. Plus, ever since Lucinda made it safely to Madrid; their mother had been calling them nonstop if Clarissa was doing a good job taking care of her younger sister.

"Don't worry Clari. I'm fine. Nothing happened to me." Lucinda exclaimed. She walked past her sister but before she could, Clarissa stopped her. "Luci, why do you smell of alcohol? Also, you never told me your band won that local music event.." Clarissa interrogated her sister.

"Clari, not now. Plus you never ask or care about what I do with my band. Now if you excuse me, I need to sleep." But right before Clarissa could reply, Lucinda had shut the door on her sister. Lucinda didn't want her older sister to interrogate her. All she wanted was rest from her adventurous day.

 All she wanted was rest from her adventurous day

🕯️#: a/n

hi lovelies! okay, so I've been looking forward to this story but never had the time to write. semi updates will mostly be happening for a while. im looking forward to seeing how the story's outcome will be! comments + votes are all I ask for! thank you all for sticking around and I hope you enjoy "rockstar baby" :)