The second task

Harry's POV

I grab the Gillyweed out of his hand, "You're sure about this Neville?"

"Absolutely" He says confident.

"For an hour?"

"Most likely" He starts to sound a little more nervous.

"Most likely?" I say while playing around with the Gillyweed and feeling the slimy texture.

"Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of fresh water versus salt water"

"Your telling me this now? You must be joking"

"I-I just tried to help"

"Well at least better than Y/n, Ron, and Hermione"

"Hey!" Ron screams hurtfully.

I look around nervously as we walk to get to the boats, I have Ron but that isn't enough, I haven't seen those two since last night. "Where are they anyway?"

"You seem a little tense, Harry" Ron adds to the awkward moment.

"Do I?" I ask sarcastically through gritted teeth and turning around giving up on looking for those two and going in the boats.

We finally get to the place where is going to take, people chanting left and right, screaming.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night, something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the Black Lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface simple enough-"

As Dumbledore kept speaking all of us were getting ready, taking out extra clothe off and trying not to die of coldness, we walk to the edge of the platform, or at least I tried to.

"Put that in your mouth" Moody grabs my arm and let's go off me.

I take the Gillyweed and put it inside my mouth, chewing it while everyone else was looking around, it tasted unpleasant and had a rubbery texture, I was caughing and almost vomiting when Moody slapped my back and I swallowed it but I heard the cannon and every contestant went in the water while I was choking, I felt someone push me. I hit the water and kept sinking in as I feel like something is scratching my neck, my feet feeling weird and slimy. it stops, is not hurting anymore, I feel my neck and I have gills, I look at my feet and they are like fins, so are my hands. I smile and just swim upwards as fast as I can and do a twirl on the wait just to go back down in the water.

I start swimming around when I hear someone singing, it sounded like it was from afar, there were this really long plants, they looked just like the thing I ate for they were stuck to the ground and were everywhere. I swim some more pushing the plants away when I hear a noise, I turn around and see Fleur swimming, she looked like she was struggling, out of nowhere something swam close to me making me swim aside, I see something with the tail of a fish but the upper body of a human. "Mermaids" I follow it which it ends up guiding me to the right direction, I see four bodies tied to some ropes and floating on the water, I swim to Y/n and touch her face. What the? I don't know about anyone else but I think this is creepy. I look to my side and see Hermione.

I was untying Y/n when I hear screeches and I look to my side, it was Cedric, he took his wand out and used a spell to untie Cho, as he grabs her he turns to me and points at his clock. Shit the time is almost over. I nod my head and take out my wand, trying to untie Hermione when multiple mermaids came up to me and put they're big forks on my neck. "But she's my friend too!" One of them growl and digs the forks tighter into my neck.

"Only one!" One of them say with a raspy voice.

They see something behind me and start swimming away, I look at them confused and look behind me, a shark head appeared, I swam a side and blocked it's "attack", it was Krum after all, it ripped Hermione's rope and took her. I took Y/n by the arm but then I notice Fleur hasn't gotten her person yet, I look around and see no mermaids around, I grab my wand and point it at the rope, untying the little girl who I assume is Fleur's sister.

I began swimming up when the effect of the Gillyweed was wearing off, I was struggling to swim up when weird octopus like things started grabbing my feet and attacking me, I let go Y/n and the little girl.

Y/n's POV

I start coughing and gasping, looking around I swim back to the flat form and helping the girl up, it was freezing, people started putting blankets around me.

"Where's Harry?" I turn around and ask Ron.

"Umm he hasn't- hasn't got out of the lake"

My face drops and looks in front of me, I just stare hard at the water. Any minute now, come on. Then something comes out of the water. "HARRY!" I scream noticing who it was, I try to make my way to him but Dumbledore and Seamus beat me to it. I hear someone ask for another towel and I run to give him mine, I sit beside him and make sure he's getting warm.

"You saved my little sister even though she wasn't yours to save!" Fleur started kissing his cheeks and repeating 'thank you'.

I roll my eyes and try to not get jealous, she then turns to me. "And you! You helped" She came and kisses my cheeks too, I look at her weird as she left to who knows where.

Everyone was chanting Diggory's name when Dumbledore came back. "Attention! The winner is... Mr. Diggory!" They all started applauding, me included. "Who showed innate command of the Bubble Head charm. However, seeing as Mr. Potter would have finished first, had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Ms. Boots but the others as well, we've agreed to award him second place-" We all start clapping, even the Hufflepuffs.

I throw myself at him and hug him tight. "Second place"

"-for outstanding moral fiber" I hear the Dumstrang headmaster start booing him and walking to the boat's furiously.

We get to the stop and Harry helps me out of the boat. In the way we were talking about Harry and his act of courage.

"All that moral fiber, eh?" One of the twins says as we walk.

"Moral fiber? Blimey, even when you go wrong, it turns out right" Ron says half laughing.

"Yeah, well done, moral fiber" The other twin says.

A/N: hopefully everyone is having a great dayyy! Here is finally an updateeeee!! Because everyone was begging me for one!! Sooo you're welcomeeee!! Don't forget to hydrate and eat ❤️