(vol4) chapter 24

Start from the beginning

???: there will none of that for the time being. It is much to soon in her recovery.

Cinder tried to speak but struggled to utter a syllable a groaned in frustration. She calls Emerald closer to her what she has to whisper.

Watts: Pathetic, why did you even- 

Watts was cut off by the doors opening making everyone in attendance who wasn't standing. A dark figure almost glided over the floor giving everyone she passed a slight chill. She stopped at a weird alter with candles.

Salem: Watts, do you find such malignancy necessary?

She waved her hand for everyone to sit. Watts fixed his cufflinks.

Watts: I apologize, ma'am. I'm not particularly fond of failure.

Salem: then I see no reason for your cruelty towards young Cinder. She's become our Fall Maiden, destroyed Beacon Tower...and most importantly...killed dear Ozpin. So I'm curious. To what "failures" Re you referring?

Watts felt a drop of sweat down his neck.

Watts: well...the girl with the silver eyes.

This seemed to gain entry to the tall and musical man sitting a chair away.

Hazel: yes...we've dealt with her kind before...how is it a novice was able to best one of us?

Watts: my thoughts exactly. Even without her new power, it should have been effortless-

Salem: it is because of the Maiden's power.

Salem interrupted Watts with a very assertive tone.

Salem: as I should point thanks to Cinder's follows we were able to capture one with similar qualities.

Mercury smirked at the recognition while Emerald only seemed to care how Cinder would respond.

Salem: make no mistake, Cinder. You hold the key to our victory. But your newfound strength brings with it crippling weakness...which is why you will be by my side as Mandus continues your treatment.

The man in the chair between Cinder and Tyrian, the name was revealed to be Mandus

Salem: Doctor Watts... you are taking Cinder's place and meeting with our informant in Mistral.

Watts: very good.

Salem: Tyrian, I want you to continue your hunt for the spring Maiden.

Tyrian began to lunch much to the disturbance of Mandus.

Tyrian: Gladly.

Salem: Hazel...I'm sending you to the leader of the white fang. Adam Taurus has arranged the meeting. The boy continues to prove loyal. Ensure then Sienna Khan feels the same.

Hazel: as you wish.

Cinder calls Emerald closer to her once more to whisper a message.

Salem: speak, child.

Emerald hesitates for a moment before relaying the message.

Emerald: she wants to know...what about the girl?

Watts: *scoff* what about her? See.s to me like this is Cinder's problem, not ours.

Cinder slammed her hand on the table. Seeing giving Watts what he wanted.

Salem: that's enough. Tyrian?

Tyrian: yes, my lady?

Salem: spring can wait. Find the girl this to Cinder.