Sovereign of Luck AU

Hoo boy, is this one going to be a ride.

Sovereign of Luck is an AU where King puts a Lucky Block on his staff...and what happens next...uh, it's fun. I might make a whole book out of it, but first...a short story! Put something in the comments to tell me if I should continue it! :)

Here goes nothing. 

King sprang away from yet another attack by the colorful stick figures, and his ex-comrade-in-arms, Purple. 

Yet another betrayal, although King supposed he shouldn't have been too surprised. His partner died, his child died, who did he have left? Nobody, until Purple came along. In hindsight, King thought that maybe he should have been less harsh with the purple stick. Ordering them around may not have been the best plan...

But it had worked for as long as it had to, and now King had the Block in his hands. The Block that unlocked flight and infinite power! World domination, here we come! 

...or not, maybe he should just destroy Minecraft and stop there. 

The orange stick figure, whose name, King had gathered, was Second (what a strange name...King wondered whose idea it was to name a stick Second.) flew towards him, propelled with the help of his friends, and the fact that gravity and matter were disintegrating at the moment. King easily repelled the attack. 

Then, an idea came to him. The Minecraft block may offer infinite power...but what about those so-called 'mods'? What could they do? Minecraft was in King's hands, or staff, so he could do practically anything. 

King hit another stick figure backward and away from himself, not even focusing on the battle anymore. The prospect of destroying Minecraft with its own mods was too tempting. 

Quickly checking to make sure that he would not be snuck up on, King pulled the Block out of his staff. Riffling through the endless possibilities for block selection, King scrolled on and on...until something caught his attention. A yellow block with a question mark emblem. Lucky Block, the label read. 

"Hmm, this could work." King muttered. The colorful stick figures were getting back up, glitching occasionally from the effects of the light blasting out of the staff. Oh, right. King had almost forgotten about that. 

Taking the block out of the staff seemed to have made it stop emitting light. Oops. 

Selecting the Lucky Block, King quickly pushed the block back into place. 

There was an exclamation from one of the sticks. "Look, he's -----! ---- does he think --- doing? Doesn't ---- know?" Most of it was inaudible, but the aura of fear surrounding the yellow stick's words was unmistakeable. Good, King thought. I want them to fear me. 

Grasping the staff, he

the staff, he

staff, he

he

didn't

move?

Something else

moved for 

him. 

and

then

the 

PAIN. 

It hit him

like a 10-ton semi-truck. 

"-------!"

He thought he screamed. 

But did he? Did it? Scream?

What if nobody heard?

Through the PAIN

colors

flashing lights and colors, something else, he wasn't him, it was something else, not him

what was happening

help

and

then it stopped. 

But King wasn't in control anymore. 

He was watching from the outside, as he-it?-his body? turned towards the colored sticks, who paled at the sight . 

One of them shouted something-- fearful, voice cracking at the end. From King's prison, everything sounded as if he was underwater. 

Prison?

Prison. 

His new surroundings were walls of cobblestone and iron bars. It was pleasantly cool here, King noticed. The heat of the Nether wasn't stinging his skin anymore, and he felt better than he had in ages. His heartbeat had returned to normal, and a tightness in his chest that he hadn't even noticed before was slowly dissolving.

Good as it might be, none of this changed the fact that he was trapped somewhere, and something else was using his body.

And his staff.

He didn't have the staff anymore.

The thing he'd worked for years to build, with one goal in mind, the destruction of the game that had killed his only child. It had obliterated Gold, and for that, it needed to pay.

So...maybe he had gotten a little overzealous with the mod idea. It certainly hadn't panned out well for him.

A scream snapped King's attention back to the world outside his cell. He rushed to the window to see what was happening.

The scream had come from the yellow stick figure, and as he looked up, he could see why. Purple was being held aloft by his body, which now had glowing eyes and a shining white orb upon its forehead.

"...Oh no."

So, that's the end for now! Let me know what you think of it, and should I write more?

:D