T H I R T Y - S I X

My mind raced as I stood in my doorway, Rafe's shirt dancing around my soft skin as I was suddenly more aware of every place it touched me.
He loved me.
More than he had ever loved anything, he had said so himself.

My heart was breaking, but this time not because the thought of Rafe being unfaithful to me, this time is was because I knew his heart was breaking and it was all at the hands of me.

I locked his phone and slipped it on the top of my dresser, closing my door behind me softly.
I had let out a lengthy breath I didn't realize I was holding in as I opened my top drawer searching for anything I could slip on long enough to go out and find him.

"God I love that stupid boy" I whisper to myself slipping my shoes on rather quickly after my sweatpants. A grin spraying across my tear stained cheeks.

Grabbing both phones I rushed out the door, running down the stairs before slipping out of my front door. Making sure it was shut quickly I hoped off the front steps only to see him waiting, a dozen roses between his finger tips.

"I told you, I want to give you the world one day baby" he cooed, a hint of his own tears just barely noticeable in the moonlight.

I didn't respond but I knew he knew what I wanted to say by the way I pulled him into me, crashing our lips together for what felt like years. I couldn't get enough of him and we had only been apart for mer hours.

"I love you, Maddie" he whispers, as his lips brush against my own.

"I love you, Rafe. Thank you for being so good to me, I'm sorry I hadn't trusted you more" I squeeze him tight to me again.

"Please don't apologize, I gave you every reason to not trust me. You're my best friend Mads. I should have known you more than anyone needed extra reassurance"
His fingers brushed my hair back out of my face as I looked down towards my feet.

"Stay with me?" I say, glancing up to meet his eyes.

"I want nothing more" he grins, placing a soft kiss to my forehead.