S I X T E E N

"Rafe!"
Her nails dug into him as her small frame pressed itself again his body, sending anger through mine.

"Maddie there you are, I've been looking everywhere" he rushed, a look of relief washing over his features. 

"Sorry Top, was just trying to get everything settled down."
I couldn't meet his eyes no matter how hard I tried. I began to feel sick to my stomach as I replayed the recent events in my mind.

"I was beginning to think you ran off with the pouges, Sarah and Kie bailed the second they had an out."

I was trying to focus on Topper but all my mind was processing was the conversation Rafe was having with Emily in hushed tones.

"You know Mads, it isn't nice to stare."
This time Toppers words pulled my face forward and ready to listen. When my eyes finally met his I was faced with a smirk stretching across Toppers face.
"What do you mean?"
I played dumb. It didn't take long for his brow to arch sending a wink my way, making me shift on my feet.

"You're staring at them and you're hair is a mess. Rafe has hickeys forming down his neck and his cuffs are still unbuttoned on his shirt." Topper chuckled looking between us.

"You're not mad Top?"

"Why would I be mad Maddie? You guys have always been like this, no one is even gonna try to stop you two" he said pulling me tightly in a hug. Snaking his arms around my waist slowly.

"He told me he broke up with her" my words turning into a mumbled as I felt my bottom lip pucker beyond my doing. My eyes now flickered back to where they were standing, still caught up in their conversation with each other.

"Oh he did, but that doesn't mean she listened" Topper's grasp lightened as he turned to face the arguing 'couple' once again.

"Emily, I fucking told you already this evening. This is over and it's done. I'm not arguing with you like a fucking 5 year old" Rafe's words were no longer hard to hear as his voice was raised at the small blonde girl.

"All for that fucking slut? She's fucking your best friend Rafe, look at them" she spat back throwing her fragile arms back at us.

Both their gazes met ours as i suddenly was over aware that Toppers body was still slightly pressed against my own. Making a false statement looking more true than not.

Before another word was spoke Topper was backing away from me hands in the air. "She's all yours man, I think you've already claimed that one tonight" Toppers laugh almost caught me in a giggle but this wasn't the time nor the place for jokes.

"You fucked her already?"
A loud smack had been heard across the room as her hand met Rafe's face. Soon being replaced with a red mark. Rafe didn't try to correct her, but what she didn't know wouldn't hurt her. Maybe if she thought that was true she would finally leave us alone. 

"What part of we fucking broke up do you not understand. Get the fuck out already" Rafe had the last word and that was evident. Moments later his tight grip sent shivers down my spine as his hand met my waist pulling me back to the reality of the party.

"You coming Top?" Was all the blonde boy spoke before the doors were open and we were met with the loud music and lingering smell of alcohol that now filled the club.

His grip never faltered as we weaved ourselves throughout the crowds of people gaining looks as we passed. It didn't take long for us to arrive in front of the Cameron's minus Sarah as well as my own parents.

"Rafe, Maddie, Topper nice of you all to finally join us again"
Wards words beamed as the liquor flowed off his breath.

My mothers eyes flickered between Rafe and I before giving me a confused glare but despite all keeping her mouth closed.
I knew this would be a conversation later.
They quickly found themselves in conversation again leaving us to talk amongst ourselves.
"So, are you guys finally together?" Toppers words send Rafe's arms back at his sides, leaving my waist cold where the breeze could now reach it.
"Even if we're not she's not available to you man" Rafe bucked up at the thought of Topper trying to 'steal' me from him.
"Wow dude, it isn't like that. I was just asking"

Rafe relaxed before responding "sorry dude, it's a habit. What do you say we get out of here Mads?"
Rafe sent me a wink before placing his large hard on Topper's shoulder.

Topper shot me a look as if to ask me if we acknowledged the fact Rafe still had managed to avoid his questioning, and much to my dismay I had.

"Bye Top, see you at the party later?" I asked, wrapping my arms around the Thornton boy once again tonight.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world" he laughed with me as he pulled his arms back and nudged me back to Rafe with his shoulder.

Rafe intertwined his fingers back with mine as we made our way out of the country club. I was scared to ask Rafe what we were, especially after the emotional roller coaster he's sent everyone on already this evening. So instead I just enjoyed the moment taking in Rafe's scent as the cold breeze blew past us on our short walk to the car.

Rafe's large hand found my cheek as he pulled me in for a kiss soon after his driver door had been slammed shut.
"I missed you, baby"
His lips were soon softly pressed to mine and I smiled into the kiss as I replayed all off tonight's events back over in my head.
"I missed you more Rafey" I beamed at him before he turned his eyes back to the windshield finally starting the engine.
"I think we might have it right this time" I couldn't keep my grin down as we began the short drive back to what I assume will be the Cameron household.
Instead of a response Rafe slid his warm hand on the high end of my thigh, once again making me shiver at his touch.
My gaze fell to the window as I smiled and watched the moon bounce off the crashing waves. I felt like I was in a movie.

——————————————

This chapter is short and really kinda a filler chapter but it'll be better after this I promise!

Two updates today because I love the comments and votes!
What do you guys want to see next?