1: It's Just the Prologue Calm Down!

"Uh....What's going on here?"

Cosette, age 17, and currently very confused.

All she was doing was returning back from her morning run to find her parents sitting together at the kitchen table.

Why was this so odd?

Well her mother didn't live here. Her parents had gotten a divorce when she was little. While they remained amicable for the sake of their daughter, the duo couldn't stay in a room together for too long before an argument broke out.

Colette, a middle-aged woman of average height. She's Afro-French, born in a small countryside village. Rich dark skin that never seemed to age, with curly black locs, that the woman wore in varying styles. She, as her daughter likes to call her, is a boss lady. After paying her own way through college she now operates as an actuary, managing her own fleet of actuaries that are contracted all over the world.

Kang-Dae, is a man who travels around the world training military personnel. He was considered a man of below-average height, a trait that he passed on to his daughter. Born in Korea but raised in America. What he lacks in height he makes up for in heart and muscles.

Cosette was an excellent combo of both her parents, the mix of genetics creating the young woman she was today. Tan skin with a rich honey hue. Curly hair, that amassed her head in smooth thick ringlets. Upturned almond-shaped brown eyes, followed by a pert nose. A soft round face with full cheeks, followed up by a splash of freckles that went across her nose from cheek to cheek. A shapely body of lean muscle, formed from years of hard work and training. And the most obvious feature, a height of only 4'9".

Cosette slipped off her headphones, wiping away the sweat that had collected on her brow. She looked at her parents, glancing back and forth between the two adults. 

"Mom, what are you doing here? Oh no, did someone die?"

Colette clicked her tongue, "Why do you always ask that when I show up?"

"Well because I know something serious must've happened to make you come see Dad. Normally I just come to you."

"Well...That is true."

"So if no one is dead, why are you here?" Cosette asked her mother.

"Your dad here," Colette jabbed a thumb in the direction of the man, "Is leaving again."

"You know. I could've told her that," Kang-day stated with a strained smile.

"Yeah, but you didn't."

"Because you didn't give me the chance to."

"Okay!" Cosette stepped further into the kitchen, getting between her parents before this could escalate. "So we're leaving, dad? What's new about that?"

"No Cosette. I'm leaving."

Cosette raised a brow. "Soooo, I'm gonna be staying with mom for a while then?"

"Why are these two making such a big deal out of this? It's not like it's a new thing for Dad to travel. If he can't take me then I'll just go stay with Mom, that's how it's always been."

"You see...you know how big my program is growing right?" Colette asked

"Yeah." Cosette nodded. "You've got several offices all across the states."

"Well, I'm expanding out of the country!" Colette announced.

"Oh? That's good. It takes a lot of work to go beyond the borders. I guess all that consulting in other countries really helped pave a path," Cosette said.