♡︎𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓♡︎

❝𝐈𝐭 𝐑𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲, 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈𝐭❞

♡︎

Tanjiro pov✓

The path to the final selection was adorned with magnificent wisteria trees, their delicate blooms swaying gently in the breeze. As I walked amidst their fragrant embrace, my thoughts inevitably drifted to y/n. Her purity and majesty were like the essence of these flowers, filling my senses with longing and admiration.

I couldn't help but wonder if they were treating her well, those who were fortunate enough to be in her presence. If not, I vowed silently to take matters into my own hands, just as I had done with others who dared to mistreat her.

Continuing along the wisteria-covered path, I finally arrived at the location where the final selection was set to take place. Despite my hopes of encountering familiar faces, the crowd around me seemed unfamiliar and distant. Each individual carried a serious aura, completely absorbed in their own thoughts and preparations for the challenges ahead. It was as though we were all solitary figures amidst a sea of determination and anticipation.

As the two girls stepped forward to explain the intricacies of the final selection, I listened intently, absorbing every detail with a fierce determination. Once their explanations concluded, the atmosphere shifted as the final selection officially commenced.

With a resolute mindset, I steeled myself for the challenges ahead, knowing that failure was not an option. The thought of seeing her again fueled my determination, driving me to survive no matter the obstacles that lay ahead.

Caught in the midst of the gloomy forest, I stumbled upon a chilling sight: two demons locked in a ferocious battle, each vying for possession of me. Their guttural growls reverberated through the dense foliage, sending shivers down my spine.

"Hey, hey! Get lost. I'm gonna eat this kid!" one of the demons bellowed, its voice dripping with malice.

"No, you get lost!" demon No.2 screamed back.

"Tsk. I've got no time for this," I muttered under my breath, seizing the opportunity presented by their bickering.

I swiftly drew my weapon, poised to strike. As the demons remained preoccupied with their squabble, I seized the moment to unleash a flurry of precise and lethal strikes, aiming to vanquish them before they could realize what was happening.

"fourth form. Striking tide!"

As their heads detached from their bodies, the demons gasped in utter surprise, their expressions frozen in disbelief as they tumbled to the ground, their forms crumbling to ash before my eyes. Despite their demise, I felt no hint of remorse; after all, they were merely obstacles in my path.