Chapter Twenty - Seven

I absolutely hate writers block. It's like the most evil thing in the literary world.

Anyways, this story's coming to an end really soon :( Which means, only a few chapters to go!

P.S. This chapter was cut again! It was getting draggy and long! The next chapter's interesting though :)

• FAN • VOTE • COMMENT •

Happy Reading!! :) x

Prom was only a week away and I had no dress at all. I didn't want to go in the first place until Alex did that whole grand promposal. I mean, who in the right mind would turn him down?

Cassie hasn't gone prom dress shopping either. Although the she didn't really need to since she had a crazy amount of formal dresses in her closet. Her family absolutely loves formal parties. Why can't I just borrow? Well, I don't know really. I never had the guts to ask and she never really offered. She loves them too much to share I think.

"So are you ready?" Cassie yelled from downstairs.

After ranting to her about how I wasn't looking forward to prom at all and how I didn't even have a dress yet, she drove all the way to my house to go prom dress shopping. Alex was supposed to tag along although he had errands to do.

I honestly wanted my mother to accompany me in stuff like these but she was too preoccupied with Cameron to even care. I didn't really mind a little but it would be nice to have your mother see you in your prom dress first.

I grabbed my purse from my desk and ran downstairs. Cassie had already started her car and so I bid my siblings goodbye and left the house.

Days after Riley's unexpected entrance in school, he avoided us. Well all of us and sort of me. He got my number from his so called 'sources' and didn't stop texting me since. But don't get wrong ideas. He wasn't going for me or anything. I was just simply helping him make up with my best friend.

"Who do you keep texting?" Cassie asked, adjusting her rearview mirror.

I turned my phone off and shoved it in my bag. Riley wouldn't mind me telling late anyways. "Oh it was just Isaac. He was asking me to uh get him food."

Cassie ignored me and continued driving. She had no idea that Riley and I communicate. She has been avoiding and ignoring him since he came. I tried talking her into fixing things with him but she would always change the topic or rant about how he came back for nothing.

As I was looking at the window, I caught Cassie staring at me. When I looked back, her eyes were narrowed. "I know you're texting Riley."

"I-I'm not." I stammered.

"Stop lying to me!" She half yelled. "I saw you a few days ago. You were texting him."

I sighed in defeat. "I really do want to you guys to mend things just like how you wanted me to mend things with Alex."

"What he did to me was unforgivable. Can't you understand that?!"

"I thought that Alex cheating on me was unforgivable until I heard his side of the story. Don't assume things, Cass."

She was silent for a while. "What if his side of the story just hurts me more?"

"Then use it to make you a stronger person. Move on and learn from it. But don't let it bring you down and ruin your friendship with Riley. He's part of us remember?"

"Used to." She corrected. When I gave her a look, she playfully rolled her eyes. "Fine. I'll 'mend' things with him."

My face lit up. "You would?!" I hugged her tight before she could say anything, completely forgetting the fact that she was driving.