Chapter Fifteen

Sorry for the late-ish update! I had the worst case of massive writer's block so I apologize in advance if this isn't that chapter of your liking.

I'll try to make it up in the next one! :)

Happy reading!! :)

"Prom's nearing!" Said a cheerful blonde haired cheerleader who handed me a flyer.

Cassie snatched the flyer from me and started reading it. Grumbling, I couldn't help but look over her shoulder to see what's in store for prom this year.

"This is the funniest theme ever." said Cassie.

Alex didn't bother glancing at the flyer. "What's the theme?"

"Dynamic Duos." Cassie and I said in unison.

If there was something I hated most about school activities, it would be prom or any school dance. That's right, I hate prom. I hate stressing over prom and worrying about everything like who'll take me or looking for a prom dress just nauseates me.

"So who are you going to take to prom?" asked Cassie.

I frowned. "Are you seriously asking me that? You know I hate stuff like these."

"Why so?" Asked Alex.

"I just hate the whole idea. The stress you're going to have to go through. Plus, it's only going to be for one night. All the anxiety, stress and work you're going to go through is all for only that one night. So not worth it." I explained.

Alex wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "This is our first prom. Junior prom. Don't say that cause you haven't experienced it yet."

"Nonetheless, I already know what's going to happen and I don't want to waste my time." I told him, hoping that this whole prom conversation would just end.

"Really?" He asked sarcastically. "Do you know who'a going to ask you for prom?"

"Uhm.. you?" I joked. I heart Cassie snort and Alex had a wary look on his face. "Chill I was kidding."

He exhaled. "Sorry if you were expecting it to be me.."

I waved him off. "I wasn't, you weirdo."

"Are you alright?" Cassie suddenly asked me. "You look awful."

"Gee, thanks."

She pressed the back of her hand on my forehead. "No, jeez you're burning."

I had a tough head ache this morning and I felt terribly ill although I didn't mind it. I still felt capable of attending classes despite the flu I must have caught.

"I'm alright, really. I'll just take English Lit and three other classes and then maybe I'll head home."

Cassie, Alex and I separated ways when we reached St. Charlie's Hall. I had English Lit for my first subject and it was one of the few subjects where in I had no friends. Well, not literally but I wasn't close to any of my acquaintances in English Lit. I wasn't really the social type.

I was glancing at my English text books while walking when I suddenly bumped into a hard chest, the impact making my books fall. I crouched down to pick it up but whoever it is that bumped me crouched down to get them first. When I looked up, it was no one other than Nate.

"Sorry about that." He said, handing my my books. "I was looking for you."

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" I asked quickly, wanting to get to class as soon as possible. I hate being tardy to class. I'm such a nerd..