𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬

"crap, we only have cash for a meal or two- we don't have enough change for fucking drinks."

well, it seems that their luck has finally ran out.

they should've seen this coming, should've been more careful at how they spend their money and avoided splurging on chicken nuggets- now here they are with only three-hundred yen inside their wallets.

how did this even happen? y/n was sure that she had an extra stash hidden in the backseat, the amount just enough to pay for two tickets up to hakodate.

what happened to the extra cash? well... let's just say that a certain someone got randomly hungry at three in the morning and decided to buy some chicken nuggets without checking the amount that they were paying.

... whoever spent a thousand or so yen on damned chicken nuggets better get their life straight.

the two of them are currently sitting inside of their car, just parked right in front of a small food shop that they were just about to order in- but found out that they didn't have enough cash.

so they were left with two choices- eat or save the remaining three-hundred and rob another couple?

lesson learned kids- stray away from chicken nuggets and don't get high at three in the morning, or else your plan to run away would be a fail. (note: the author is not promoting the act of running away- don't be dumb and stay in school even if your notebook is drowning in tears.)

if they were being honest, they would rather stay stranded in kazamaura. at least this is just a small village next to the sea, the authorities would've surely given up by now. though, it's better to be safe than sorry, and continuing their journey to hokkaido is one way to do it.

hanma shuji knew that he was... sort of responsible why they only have little to no money left? though, his little lover doesn't need to know that. (tough luck mister, because there's no way in hell would she spend a thousand yen on chicken nuggets- unlike your high ass.)

the dual-hair colored male side-eyed y/n who was busy looking out the window, fingers subconsciously toying with the plastic ring. she seemed to be deep in though- on what? i guess we'll never know.

growing up with everything given to her, l/n y/n never really experienced running out of resources to spend. never really thought much on how much money she was giving out and never really looked at the price tags- until now.

in all of her eighteen years of living- she was spoiled rotten. but... hanma taught her things during their little adventure too.

instead of eating out to a fancy restaurant, you can just buy a meal at some cheap restaurant, buy extra ingredients in a family mart- mix those shit up and you have a meal that equals the quality of food that they serve in those over-priced restaurants.

i guess hanging out with a fugitive and former delinquent has some perks too, right?

she was taught things that she never knew before by the guy whom she fell in love with. and even if she had already run away once, she never really knew what to do in the outside world because apparently, having a brainless mother and a controlling step-father was like being a bird inside of a cage.

but... being given everything, she learned to not get attached to the materialistic things that she had received. to not get attached to the things that she can easily replace- no matter how much it costed her, she doesn't care.

y/n spends, and spends, and spends again- until she gets tired of them and she throws them out for storage on things that she'll throw out again.

"... i can probably get us a couple grand- just enough to get us a ticket to hakodate. when we get there, we can probably hijack another car." hanma shuji hummed in confusion, looking at her as the (h/c) haired girl shuffled in her seat and took something from the backseat.

"what do you mean by that? you gonna do something illegal or what?"

"not like that, asshole." she rolled her eyes, jacket in hand and the other taking something out of it's pockets.

it wasn't until something shiny did the dual-hair colored male knew what she meant by 'get us a couple grand'.

"holy shit... you're serious?"

a small yet very extravagant ring sat on her open palm, the diamond stones shining underneath the light coming from the street lamp that was just beside them. it looked expensive- and by expensive i mean very... very expensive.

in all of his days living out on the streets, pick-pocketing strangers to supply him enough food to last him until the morn', he had never seen a ring that looked like that.

y/n held the jewelry in between her fingers, examining it with the help of the dull lighting.

"this is my engagement ring... yugo gave it to me saying that it was from his friend's son. i guess it was like their offering to me before taking all my freedom away." she muttered, tossing it up carelessly and catching it again as if it was just a mere ball and not something that can give them enough cash to last for an entire year.

the ring was nothing but a simple white-gold band, with diamonds lining around the big yellow diamond that was situated in the middle of the jewelry.

y/n looked at hanma with a grin on her lips, tossing the ring to him in which the male caught (clumsily, if i may add) and admired it himself.

it was indeed beautiful... it's a shame that it'd be sold off for a couple thousand- maybe millions if they were lucky.

"how much did it cost?"

"dunno, but my mom checked the box that came with it and saw that they bought it in america at around ninety-one thousand dollars." now... hanma isn't the guy who would take his math classes seriously, so he doesn't know if he converted it right- but isn't that about nine million yen in total?

he's got to hand it to her, she is really cool for willingly wanting to sell off this ring of hers instead of keeping it- it's a nice ring that she can brag once they get to hokkaido.

"i don't need it nor want in any more... one ring is enough." golden eyes met with (e/c) one's that looked similar to the stars that he saw that night, shining with no emotions in particular but pure and genuine... love.

now he knew that she wasn't the type of girl that he though she would be- she's the type who would sacrifice anything and everything if it meant that her goals would be met... somewhat similar to who he is as a person too.

but the fact that she held more importance to a ring that was made of plastic instead of something that was littered in diamonds and shows off pure wealth, it sparked something inside of him that he thought he wouldn't feel in his entire lifetime.

and he himself knew that he would do the same if he was in her situation.

hanma knows that y/n wants the ring gone and would do everything in her power to get rid of it- so he knows she won't take it back even if he force her too.

with a sigh leaving past his lips, he shuffled closer to where she was and closed his eyes, placing a soft kiss on the crown of her head as he inhaled the faint scent of that blossom shampoo that she used in the motel that they stayed in.

to have someone like her... he's a lucky one.

the male pulled away, caressing her cheeks and looked her straight in the eyes, liking the way on how they look at him as if he was the only thing left in this damned world they live in.

"i promise you... i'll get you a better one once we reached hokkaido."

"who needs it when you already gave one to me?"

y/n chuckled, snuggling deeper into his touch with her eyes closed, basking in his mere presence because to her, he really is the only one left in this fucked up world that they live in.

"we'll try and look for someone to buy this thing tomorrow, right now, all i wanna do is watch the stars with you."

"for a fugitive, that's really uncharacteristic."

and that, my friends, is the story of the shikigami and the runaway bride.

the story of how two teenagers who were forced to grow up by society and their parents themselves met and fell in love as if they were angels who fell from heaven itself.

a story so damned...

that it's ending has yet to come.