𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐧𝐨 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬

it didn't take hanma shuji that long to wake up from his slumber, a bit disoriented to even notice that he wasn't sleeping inside of the car anymore.

god, he really does need to stop trying to kill himself by mixing both his drug and alcohol addiction. admittedly, he's aware that he can die because of it one day and no one will know- but he doesn't give a single fuck about it.

if he dies, then he dies.

a pained groan left his lips, sitting up with a hand clutching his head as he tries to process where he is and what is happening. if his memory serves him well, he fell asleep in the driver's seat waiting for y/n to return from her little drug store run- what is he doing here?

though, he really doesn't have the right headspace to think much about it right now, focusing on the raging headache that he's having.

no matter how many times he'd mix weed and vodka, he really doesn't learn his lesson.

"this hurts like a bitch..." hanma flopped back into the soft mattress, basking in on how soft and comfortable the foam is, something that he hasn't felt in a long time.

actually, being in the comfort of a simple room is a thing that he hasn't had the luxury to feel in over two years, always too broke to afford an apartment and always on the run to even think about settling in one place.

so imagine how relieved his back feels now that it's laying on a real bed- not a makeshift one that he'd do at the back of his car.

if he doesn't have this killer headache of his, he would've passed out right then and there. and wishes that he can doze of right now to spare his body from feeling the effects of his bad decisions.

"wait... where's y/n?" it was only now that he noticed the absence of his dear travel partner, who, he's unfortunately used to having by his side.

hanma was a bit sober when he woke up, but now, he's more awake and energized because of this. where is she? did she leave him here because she's tired of him always getting high? did he finally struck a nerve that's why she left?

"seriously, what the fuck?" where could she have possibly gone?

as much as he wanted to slam his head on the wall behind him, he knew that he needed to wake up and find that damned girl before anything could even happen to her. who knows what rats lurk inside the shadows of this city- why does he care though?

no really, why?

never in his eighteen years of living has he cared for any one else- it's just been him and himself, nothing else. so what difference does right now make? after all, l/n y/n is nothing more than a stranger who hooked him in along her little adventure just because she got in his car.

this doesn't make anything special, so why does he care about where she is or if she's alright?

sitting up from the bed with his hands wrapped around his head, he debated whether or not to get up and find her himself or just let her be- she couldn't have possibly gotten far from here and if she did, then she'll just come back. as simple as that.

but hanma couldn't ignore the worry that's toying with his heartstrings as the ticking of the clock reaches his senses, making him realize just how many minutes passed and she hasn't returned yet.

silence enveloped the room, before the dual-hair colored male broke and stood up- regretting it completely when his head started pounding.

"ah fuck-!"

"what are you doing?" his golden eyes snapped to the bathroom doors that he didn't even notice was there, meeting with curious (e/c) ones as she stepped out of the steaming room.