XXII

Jada curled up in her freshly washed sheets. The only thing on her mind was the letter. She wouldn't lie, it touched her. She had always loved when Pac put his words on paper. People could say whatever they wanted about him, but he was intelligent. He was one the most intellectual humans that she had ever met, and he knew the way to her heart. She looked over it once more. Her face started to soften as she read it.
Should she forgive him?
No....Yes...Maybe.
She just wished that he gave her space and time. Of course she couldn't see a life without him, and if it were to be true, it would've been the hardest thing that she would ever had to endure, but why didn't he ever allow her to think and settle with her emotions? He hurt her. People need time to heal and he was just itching for her to forgive him.
The two have not been without each other in a whole decade. Maybe she needed to learn what life is like without him...
And she realized he wasn't even the problem half of the time, she just noticed that ever since they both became celebrities, his light changed.
He grew a little darker. Became more passionate for controversy and just became arrogant.
Tupac has always given off the vibe of, "Fuck everybody else, I do what I want."
But of course, he was sweeter before. When they were in grade school, Pac was very attentive to Jada's feelings, she always thought the only way he could hurt her was if he died.
But she was wrong.

Jada decided to finally drag herself out of bed and open her blinds. She felt so down and bored. All she wanted to do was to start working again.
She put on a baby blue tee and baggy black sweatpants. She also put on her forces and a white ball cap to go along with her outfit. Jada put Tupac's letter in her purse and started for Nia's house, wanting her best friends advice.
She stopped to grab a salad along the way. She felt like she hadn't eaten in forever.

Nia opened the door and greeted Jada with a tight hug, "How are you?"

"I'm good." Jada said. Tupac obviously was a bother in her life, but her whole world didn't revolve around him.
Jada walked in and sat down on Nia's leather couch, "He was at my house earlier."

Nia froze in her steps, "For what?"

"He needed to pick up all his stuff. He thought he was just going to get all of his medicine and go, but I made him get everything. He's so used to me crawling back to him, I guess it's hard for him to accept that I'm deadass serious this time."

"And how did it go?" Nia asked who resumed folding her laundry.

"It was hard honestly. He looked good...he smelled so good. I literally had to go into the bathroom or I felt like I would've crumbled. It's always been kind of hard to stay mad at him."

"But do you want to even forgive him?"

"I don't know," She reached in her purse, "He left me this letter."

Nia, who was very intrigued by this point, walked over to Jada and read over the letter 3 times, "Well it's sweet but..."

"But?"

"Damn I don't even know. I don't think you should forgive him yet, but maybe you can keep him around to see if you can regain his trust? I know y'all have history and no matter how mad you are I know you can't cut him off just that easy." Nia said before folding up the paper and handing it back to her.

Jada fell back on to the couch as if she was exhausted from thinking, "But is it even genuine? What if he hurts me again?"

"You know him better than I do."