XVII

"Pac what is this?" Jada said carefully. Her hands were shaking and her heart sunk to the pit of her stomach.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"Hm?" Tupac took the magazine from her hands and carefully examined the cover, "I'm not sure baby, good for her though." He played the situation off carefully.

Jada carefully looked at his expression, "So you have nothing to do with this?"

"Fuck no. I wrapped up when we fucked" Pac lied.

Jada took back the magazine and looked at it again nitpicking every little detail, "But the bump looks small...y'all didn't fuck not too long ago. Are you sure?"

"Yes I am sure. You think I was the only person she was fucking on? That's why I wrapped up, these industry hoes something else." He slightly laughed.

Jada's eyes started to sting. Her intuition repeatedly told her not to believe him..but she always knew when he was lying. They've been friends for over ten years, she wasn't stupid nor naive...but for some reason she couldn't pick it apart this time. He was so calm. He seemed to be telling the truth, but her gut feeling didn't feel certain.

"Hold on baby, let me go get these tacos" Pac walked back to the back of the gas station. His heart was beating a thousand miles out of his chest. He wanted to kill Lisa. Why would she even show her face? He didn't even get to prepare to tell Jada that this lie would be coming out soon. All Pac prayed for was that the child was not his. He received two to-go boxes from the counter and grabbed 3 sauces and slowly walked to the front. He looked at Jada. She looked visibly uneasy and upset.

"Baby what's the matter? You don't believe a nigga? I promise I have nothing to do with it. Please stop worrying" He put his finger under her chin and looked her in the eyes.

Jada swallowed a lump of emotions, "Okay Pac, I believe you."

Pac sealed his reassurance with a soft kiss on the forehead and a tight hug. He put his arm over her shoulders and walked with her to the car. She drove home in silence.

"You not gone eat?" Pac asked whilst stuffing his face with his tacos smothered in salsa verde.

Jada sat on the edge of the bed, "I don't have too much of an appetite right now."

"You wanna watch movies for the rest of the day?" He was trying to do everything he could to make Jada forget anything she saw.

"I'm probably going to go study my script for a couple of hours" Jada said glumly, "Do you want anything else?"

"I want to kiss you." He said putting his plate down.

Jada felt like she super glued to the floor, something just felt off in her mind. Yeah, her heart is begging for her to go kiss him, but she just didn't want to. Although feeling like this, she did not want to make him upset, so she slowly walked to him and placed a lingering kiss on his mouth.

Before she could walk away, he quickly took a soft grasp of her hand, "You know I love you right?" He told her slowly.

Jada sighed, "Yes, why are you telling me this?"