First day at work

Mulai dari awal

Once there I wasn't sure what I was doing or going to do, I took my phone out of my pocket and stared at it, I need to call Luke, but what do I say? Hey Luke can't come into work today as last night I throw me pregnant wife down the stairs. Yeah! and watch him sack me before I start, but I needed to call him. I found his name and dialled the number.

"Hey hows my number guy looking forward to starting."

"Yeah ermm, hi Tom its about today."

"Let my guess you're a little nervous about meeting the team, well don't worry they are all looking forward to meeting you."

I cringed. "Its not that Tom, its well last night, Claire had an accident and well she's in hospital in a coma."

There was silence at the other end of the phone, I checked to make sure we hadn't been disconnected. "Tom, you there?"

"Oh Luke I don't know what to say matey I really don't if there anything I can do just ask"

And that's what I wanted to hear, yes am going to get the day off, but then he carried on.

"But the only thing I cant do mate is give you today off. I really need you, am sorry but I need this fixing and like now or we will lose our deal and we will be all out of a job, am sorry Luke, I wish I could give to the day off but its just not possible"

Tom trailed of a little like he was thinking. "Look I will make you a deal I know its not much, but as soon as you have fixed it you can go, okay am sorry I can't do more, but I need you Luke."

So that was it if I didn't go to work I would lose my job as there would be no job to go to, I had to go, feeling depleted, I let at a sigh, something I been doing a lot.

"Okay Tom see you later yeah" and I rung up the phone, well I bets get home and take a shower and get ready for work. I made my way back to the house.

When I walked in Mary and Terry came into the hall to greet me. "Are you feeling better now love." I nodded. "Am going to take a shower and get ready for work." Terry had his arm around Mary and they both looked at me and smiled as I made my why upstairs. "Oh Luke." Mary called, I paused half way up the stairs, Leave your shirt out and I will iron it ready for you." I smiled "Thanks very kind thank you Mary." I was never any good at ironing, infact coming to think about it when it came to household stuff I wasn't very good at most things, my mum did spoilt me.

I walked in to the bedroom and took out a shirt and tie and unzipped my suit from its bag, I left the shirt on the bed and went into the bathroom and turned the shower on. The warm spray from the shower invigorated me, I need something to energise me. I had 3 hours sleep at the most, I was exhausted. I let the water run over my head and down my body. I heard someone come upstairs it must have been Mary. I finished my shower and got out of the bath, it was an over the shower bath, but like the rest of the house it needed updating as it ran of the taps and the knob to switch between the taps and shower was lose, and it didnt always stay on the shower setting, always it did it at the most awkward moment while I was washing my hair.

I dried off wrapped the towel around me and brushed my teeth and fixed my hair a little. I needed to gel it to style it properly. I went into to the bedroom and my Shirt freshly ironed was waiting for me. Mary didn't hang around in fact I never heard her come back upstairs. I grabbed my deodorant and put some on and started to get dressed, I rummaged through the bags and found my electric razor, I had a shave, fixed my hair and put on my suite. I didn't really like wearing my suite and today my tie felt like it was choking me. I finished off with some aftershave.  

I walked downstairs to found Mary and Terry sitting in the lounge. "You scrub up well." Terry exclaimed with a sideways smile. "Yeah thanks Terry, well look I better get going, but please call me with any news. I don't care what the rules say I am leaving my phone on."