Dreaming of the Burrow

As I ate, I tried to ignore the contanst click click of Molly's self knitting blanket and the scrubbing noises of the self washing pans. I, instead, focused on the other attributes of her home. The kitchen was quaint, but full of food as Molly loved to cook; had utensils, pots, pans, and kettles lining the walls, had a sink under the open window, next to it a fridge, and to the right of the sink was the stove. In the center of it all sat a long table with nine chairs. One for each Weasley; Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Ginny, Molly, and Arthur, but Charlie and Bill had moved out.

The living room was only slightly bigger than the kitchen, but it was just as cozy. It housed several miss-matched rugs, a red couch, and two blue armchairs, a large window with red curtains, a coffee table that was always home to a quill, an inkwell, and parchment, a few end tables next to each chair which housed either a lamp, a muggle item Arthur had insisted on keeping in hope of allowing wizard's to use them as well, or a vase of lilacs, and a stone fire place with a pot of grey dirt suspended near the grate. The rooms, on the other hand, weren't like anything I've ever seen.

Ron's room was like the inside of a pupkin, it was so orange! The walls were litterally covered in moving posters of the Quidditch team, Chudley Cannons. I didn't really see why Ron liked them, as they hadn't won a match in years, but oh well. His bed was orange with a golden 'C' hooked with another 'C'. But that wasn't what made it a mess. His floor was covered in old dishes or dirty clothes or the occasional child's toy. When Ginny had showed me his room, I saw an abused teddy bear with only one eye, a hole in his side, a bit missing from his left ear, and spider legs! I decided not to ask about it as Ginny led me up the creaking wooden stairs to the twins' room.

Their room was a bit tidier. Okay, a lot cleaner! There were two beds next to each other with the headrest against the left wall, a long table in the center of the room with parchment, quills, ink, and muggle tools, and under their beds were boxes labeled Zonko's best that were partially covered by the scarlet comforter. Ginny lead me across the hall to Percy's room.

I swear that boy has OCD! His bed was perfectly positioned against the wall with the blue blankets fixed just right. The desk in front of the widow housed a neat stack of parchment in one corner, a turkey feather quill laid carefully atop it, an ink well on the window sill, a cauldron positioned on the other corner of the wooden desk, and the wooden chair was pushed in. The floor was a spotless, fluffy, white rug and his clothes were hanging on the door of the closet. I remember walking off with Ginny, thinking Perfectionist much?

And then, there was Molly and Arthur's room on the top floor. There was a white dressed king sized bed against the middle of the left wall, and the floor was wooden. There was a desk next to the window and a several boxes were stacked next to it, marked Next assignments. I remember feeling bad about seeing the adult's room so we left rather quickly.

I was woken from my day-dreaming by Harry, who was saying my name over and over while shaking me. "Little Lex, get up," Harry said as he shook me. I guess I had fallen asleep! I jolted up with a yawn as I stretched my arms behind me. Only Harry and I were in the kitchen now. I slept through breakfast?! WHY?! "We've got our letters." My grey eyes bolted open as my spirits lifted slightly at the thought of seven of my favorite things in one place! Harry, Ginny, Mione, Ron, Magic, Hogwarts, and an awesome headmaster that lets me get away with anything. I think I'll start this year by pranking our new DADA teacher! Yeah, if he's anything like the last nut-job, it'll be more than a few dungbombs. I took the letter from Harry and read through it. 90% of our course books were by Lockhart! UGH! this year is going to be so fun. . . . .NOT.