Depression Princess

I've been at the Weasley's for two weeks. I've been sulking since the day I came. I refused to let anyone know why, not that they really ever asked. People have been calling me "Depression Princess". I was pretty depressed, and you know my summer so you understand. It's midnight here, but someone's at the door.

"Who's there?" I asked the dark figure that was entering my room. Well, it was Ginny's room, but we were sharing.

"It's Ron," he answered. "Come downstairs, Alex," he told me and left. I had a feeling that we were going somewhere so I got dressed in the dark. Not as hard as you'd think. I wore a black tank top that said, in white letters, 'I solemnly swear to never grow up', black and white pinstriped skinny jeans, a black beanie that read 'I kill people that I like', and black combat boots. I used mouth wash and brushed my black hair. I put my glasses on, grabbed my wand, and ran silently downstairs. My hair was shoulder length, had electric blue tips, and hanging in front of my grey eyes. I've been soulless lately.

"What is it, Ron?" I asked once I saw him, Fred, and George.

"We're going to go help Harry. I've got a feeling that he needs it. You coming?" He answered.

"I haven't anything better to do," I shrugged.

"She's coming back around!" Fred and George whisper yelled.

"Oh, bog off! I'm just comin' so you lot don't get killed by Molly," I hissed. The boys put their hands up in surrender and led me out to the garden. Led me out to the flying car! Normally I'd be screaming with excitement that I'd see my best friend again. But, every time I think about it I see Jill, lying dead. I climbed into the blue car silently and sat by the window.

-*-*-*-*-

"Which is his?" George asked me from the passenger seat. I looked out at the houses.

"Down four houses to the right," I answered. They followed my instructions to a house with a barred window. Harry's window.

"Ron, Fred, George, what are you all doing here?" I heard Harry ask. I knew he couldn't see me.

"Rescuing you! Now, get your trunk and stand back," Ron answered. Harry did so. Ron hooked the bars to the car and told Fred to drive. The black bars were pulled from the window, probably waking the whole neighborhood.

"Harry, hurry up. You know how light of sleepers these muggles are!" I told him. He nodded, just noting I was there, and put his trunk in the back of the car. He handed me Hedwig and Ron helped him inside. Of course, the Dursleys just had to wake up.

"Petunia, he's escaping!" Vernon shouted, lunging for Harry's foot.

"Geroff!" Harry kicked.

"Vernon, let go or I'll make you let go!" I warned. Vernon did nothing. "Tighten your grip, Ron. Fred, drive," I ordered. They did so and Vernon was pulled out of the window. Ron pulled Harry in the car, both of them laughing.

"By the way Harry, happy birthday," Ron said. Harry smiled, until his eyes landed on me.

"Lexi, are you okay?" He asked as he sat next to me. I didn't answer. "What's wrong?"

"I don't want to talk about it," I mumbled, still staring out the window.

"You can tell me," he persisted.

"You wouldn't understand," I answered.

"Really, Lex, what's wrong?" He asked, with authority in his words. I snapped.

"I said I don't wanna talk about it, so leave it the h*ll alone!" I spat. The whole car went silent, and I could tell I had really hurt him. I let out a sigh and ran my hand though my hair. "Sorry. I've just been ticked off lately. I shouldn't have taken it out on you. I'm sorry, and happy birthday," I said.

"It's okay, Lex. I shouldn't have pried. But, if you ever want to tell me you can," Harry promised.

"Thanks, Harry," I mumbled, knowing that I didn't want him to ever know. After about three hours, it now being six A.M, we arrived at the Burrow. I already had a convincing lie about this.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!" Molly shouted as she came downstairs. "Beds empty, no note, car gone! You could have died. You could have been seen," she reasoned. Then, eyes landed on Harry. "Course, I don't blame you, Harry dear," she smiled.

"They were starving him, Mum, put bars on his window!" Ron argued. Harry nodded with wide eyes.

"You best hope I don't put bars on your window!" Molly threatened. Ron paled, and I knew it was my turn.

"It's my fault they went out, Molly. I've been depressed and I needed my best friend. So, this morning I woke them up and asked them to drive me there. I'm sorry," I said, ending in "tears". I was the only child allowed to call her Molly. She looked like she'd been slapped.

"Oh, Alex, honey. Don't cry. I'm sorry, I should have been more understanding," she hugged me. "You need to get over your depression, and if Harry helps I'd let you do it all over again," she told me once she pulled away.

"Thank you, Molly," I smiled, drying my grey eyes. Ron, Fred, George, and Harry were trying hard not to gape at my lie. Molly nodded and said that it was time for breakfast.