The Minister's a git

It's been nearly a month since I met Jill, but I haven't once seen the minister! I will keep my promise to her. I will force the Minister to give her that potion! I have nearly finished my rounds, and I was now at Jill's room. I've visited her everyday while I've been here, and she isn't as depressed! I learned a lot about her.

Her least favorite color was pink, and her favorite was neon green. She went to a place called Beauxbatons before her brother got her sent here, and her whole family was made up of death eaters. I felt really bad for her, which gave me all the more reason to get her out of this wretched prison! I was even begining to lose my mind! I'm not joking! I saw the ground as a rainbow this morning and the walls looked like they were chocolate! Needless to say; my teeth hurt from when I tried to bite a doorframe. I miss my chocolate!

I knocked on Jill's door after casting the patronus charm on the dementors. I begged Ronan to give me my wand, so if something goes wrong it's on him! Jill opened the door, looking as pale as ever, and eyed the wand sticking from my boot. "Hey, Jill!" I smiled and walked into the dank and depressing room once she stepped aside.

"Yeah. . .hi," Jill responded in a spaced out voice. Her head was tilted to the side as she stared at my wand. I took my wand and let her see it as she seemed so interested. She took it with a shaky hand as if the wand were a bomb that could explode at anytime.

*JILL'S POV*

I took the wand from her very cautiously, half expecting a ministry official to barge in and stick Alex in Azkaban as well. It was known that prisoners weren't allowed to have wands, but it felt nice to feel the slick wood beneath my fingers once more. My wand had been snapped. It is much worse than people think. People think that if your wand snaps it's just an emotional pang and it's over. That isn't the case. When my wand was snapped I felt as if I had lost my best friend, part of my soul, and-not to mention-my sanity.

I've been thinking about it for a while, but never knew how. I could probably use this wand to do it, I thought as I twisted the wand in my hand.

But, Alex is making this pain worth it, I argued.

Yeah, but she'll be back at school in less than a month! I protested.

I think, if I went through with this, Alex would be the only one to miss me. I'm doing it, I concluded as I gave Alex her wand. She took it, but sat it on a table in the corner. She had brought that in here to keep me from hitting my head on that corner, but I still hurt myself.

*ALEX'S POV*

Jill and I talked for hours until the minister came to tell me to leave. Here's my chance! "Minister!" I called as I chased after him, forgetting to grab my wand. Fudge stopped halfway down the corridor and turned to face me.

"What is it, m'dear?" He asked happily. I explained Jill's situation, asking for him to give her the potion. Fudge's smile faded. "Dear girl, we cannot simply take back our punishment!"

"Why not? It isn't fair to her!" I argued, my hair catching on fire, which was new, and wind from nowhere whipped my hair around.

"The minimum amount of years spent in Azkaban is five! Releasing her before then would be violation of our magical contract," Fudge chuckled. I glared at him.

"But -" I tried.

"Jilliana Beswick will not receive any pity from me, little girl!" Fudge snapped.

"This little girl could beat you at your job any day. What's the point of punishing the wrong person? It only means that the culprit will do the crime again because he knows he can get away with it!" I whined. Fudge only declared the discussion over and stomped off, muttering something about respect to your elders. I wanted to shout out that he was an elderly old bat, but decided better of it. Looks like I'm breaking her out. Dad too. Even though it's never been done before, I'm a girl that sets records.