10. The truth

The weekend was sadly over, and with it the beginning of a new week. After what happened at the docks, the whole team was back together, Weiss had accepted without problems that Blake was a faunus, for his part Fel received an epic scolding from Sagira and Alyssa.

Now, in the morning, team RWBY was walking through the halls of the academy as their first class was with Professor Goodwitch. As they walked, Ruby was telling her teammates about what seemed to be a dream.

"It was weird, I think I remember...I was on some kind of mountain, snowy, I'm not sure where exactly, though it didn't seem like anywhere in Remnant, it was like...another world" Explained the team leader.

"There was also someone..." Ruby remembered "He was weird, he had some kind of white and gold armor, and a somewhat long cape...apparently he was watching the sunrise, I didn't see his face but...I felt like he was seeing that view...it was like he was thinking how to talk...it's hard to explain, but I didn't really know more, when I got close enough he turned to look at me, his eyes glowed and then I woke up" Ruby finished saying, while the others analyzed her.

"Maybe it means something" Blake said, a bit of a believer in her stories.

"Yeah, maybe..." Fel said quietly.

As they walked down the hallway heading to their first class, they had run into the JNPR team.

"Hi girls!" Nora said, cheerful as always.

"Ahem."

"And boy" She added.

"Hi Fel" Pyrrha said, with a friendly smile.

"Hi guys" Fel said, greeting the JNPR team "And Nora!"

"Hey! what does that mean?" Nora complained pouting slightly.

he turned to see Jaune and Pyrrha "Umm, sorry if I didn't get to train with you guys over the weekend, the cat got lost and almost got killed, aaand if you like we can still in the evening" Fel said giving a summary in a nutshell of what happened the previous chapter.

Pyrrha just thought it was a joke, "I'd love to" Said Pyrrha kindly.

"Sounds good to me" Jaune said amicably.

Soon they all arrived at Prof. Goodwitch's class, as usual they sat together, while the teacher was in the middle of the arena, Fel greeted her from afar to which Glynda responded with a slight smile, until finally it was time for class to begin.

"Good morning students, I hope you had enough time to rest over the weekend" Glynda commented, as always, with a calm but serious attitude "Today we will resume the fights between students, as well as how to use the Aura to take advantage in a fight."

Some, like Nora and Yang seemed quite happy with the idea of fighting, Fel for his part could only smile at this, it might be something he is adept at.

"Let's get started, then."

"Excuse me, Professor!"

Before Goodwitch could continue, she was interrupted by Pyrrha, who had stood up and was raising her arm.

"If it's not inconvenient, I'd like to be the first to participate."

That got a lot of people talking among themselves, after all so far no one had seen Pyrrha fight, plus she had the nickname Invincible Girl so she had attracted quite a bit of attention.

But they were even more surprised when they heard what Pyrrha said.

"I'd like to fight against Felwinter."

"Eh? me?" Fel was surprised.

"It's okay, right?"

Pyrrha for her part showed to be happy and excited, hoping that Fel would accept her little request to fight, after all, it was just a friendly fight.

"Very well, I accept then" Fel said, sharing the redhead's excitement.

For her part, the teacher took a few seconds to think about it until she decided to give her approval "Alright, go get ready."

Both Pyrrha and Fel nodded and soon headed for the lockers, while teams RWBY and JN(P)R were left confused at what had happened, wondering what Pyrrha wanted to accomplish with this.

"Why would Pyrrha have asked Fel to fight?" asked Jaune, curious.

"Maybe she just wants to have a friendly fight with him" Ren suggested.

"This is going to be great" Yang said with a smile "I bet 20 lien on Fel".

"I'll bet 20 on Pyrrha" Nora replied.

"Nora, no" Ren said.

"Nora, yes!" replied Nora.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry if this may be sound selfish."

Pyrrha mentioned as she and Winter left going into a hallway to go get their weapons and equipment.

(I'm going to have a hard time distinguishing between Fel and Weiss's sister by first and last name x'dd)

"Don't worry, I was planning on sleeping through the whole class anyway, come to think of it why did you want to fight me?" the Guardian asked.

"Truth be told...you look like someone strong, I wanted to know what you're capable of" Pyrrha said, though it was only half the truth.

"Hmmm, I thought it was for revenge, for not training, hehe." Fel said jokingly.

"That'll be why too" Added Pyrrha with a chuckle, and a slight blush on her face.

Soon the two of them were on their way, each heading to the men's and women's locker room. A few minutes passed but it was Pyrrha who finished first while Fel took a little longer, until he was ready with his armor, which I will baptize as Tacet Ventus, or Tacet, just as that, it should be noted that he wore a kind of cloak but this seemed smaller and was as short, but still entirely covered the helmet of the hunter.

Both fighters were in the arena, outside the circle in the middle was Glynda supervising everything, and the students had their scrolls recording everything, why?

On the one hand, Pyrrha was quite famous, in Mistral she won several tournaments and never lost any fight, because of that she was called the Invincible Girl, besides she was a very beautiful girl, but above all a great fighter.

On the other side was Felwinter, a Guardian whose abilities had been the bane of gods, having saved humanity and that race known as Phoenix many times, being the Guardians seen as almost gods by the Lightless, and besides that he kept a secret even deeper than being a legend, but of course, they didn't know it...yet.

By now, Fel had gained a certain fame among the students, this due to the fact that he is the only male member of team RWBY, plus he kicked Cardin's ass and epically humiliated his entire team after they bothered a faunus girl.

This, almost inevitably, generated scorn from some guys, both jealous and racist, but on the other hand the girls quite liked the idea of a guy who saw everyone as equal, especially among the faunus girls.

"Ready?"

Fel materialized his staff, taking a couple of turns with it and thrusting it into the ground, while his right hand held the staff his left was behind him, giving a certain air of superiority.

Pyrrha on the other hand had her javelin weapon and her shield.

That was the answer to Goodwitch, both ready for combat. It was then that she spoke a single word.

"Begin!"

Pyrrha leapt up to approach Fel from above. For his part Fel swung his staff preparing to repel the attack, taking it with two hands and placing it horizontally he blocked Pyrrha's javelin, the impact of weapons caused sparks to fly, Fel dodging quickly moved away.

But Pyrrha was already halfway, and Fel decided to take the initiative, moving to where Pyrrha, but Pyrrha was quick and threw her shield, to which Fel jumped slightly making a front dodge, rising just enough to dodge the shield, to which, at a safe distance, he began to attack Pyrrha with spinning blows that she had a hard time dodging, until her shield came back behind Fel, to which he dodged again doing a back flip, and took the opportunity to kick the shield, causing it to gain more momentum than necessary hitting Pyrrha, before she recovered it properly using her Semblance.

It was then when Pyrrha switched to using her sword-shaped weapon, starting to attack Fel, the Guardian started to use his staff spinning and blocking it, hoping to confuse her with the fast swings of it.

Every time they clashed their weapons, sparks flew, Pyrrha for her part at the moment of launching the next attack made a feint, quickly changing the direction, so she aimed at the Guardian's stomach.

Fel for his part was trying not to go over the line and hurt Pyrrha seriously, it could be said that he was not going so seriously, this did not go unnoticed by Professor Goodwitch.

Fel managed to grab her by the wrist avoiding the attack completely, to later hit Pyrrha with the staff in the chest making her fly away from the Guardian, then she stabilized and landed safely, she used her weapon this time in the form of a rifle, but what she did was to prepare a bullet with fire Dust.

She fired. The bullet was going straight for Fel.

And upon impact there was an explosion.

It wasn't a big explosion, someone with Aura would have survived that without a problem, although it would have taken a big part of it down. Where Fel was there was only smoke, while some thought that the fight was over there, the teams and Pyrrha were a bit worried.