giving up .

"I give up."

...

"..What?"

"I give up," the man repeated once more to the overgrown, twisted cartoon in front of him.

The man smiled. Tiredly.

...

"...Good choice, Stein." The Ink Demon says.
Finally.

No more words were spoken for minutes.
...
The man, Henry Stein, sits down onto the middle stair of the Ink Demon's throne.

He'd expect to be dead by now.
But he isn't.

Yet that doesn't mean he can't feel the demon's stare as he plopped down. It wasn't a death stare, no. It was more curious, more intrigued stare.
Like a child watching as their mom spoke softly among herself to another.

...

"So, like.. I'm waiting.." The man glanced up at his creation.
"For?"

...

There was a coughing type noise. Henry only assumed the Ink Demon was clearing his voice for further usage. "Did'cha not have a final message.. or..?"

Henry turned his head towards the ground again.
His shoulders bounced, and the sound of chuckles came from the man.

He looked up.

"I give up."

.
..
...

"Oh."

...

..

.

Hearing shuffling beside him, Henry remained still. This must be death, now. And he welcomes it. It wouldn't last for very long, though.

Hearing a plop! next to him, Stein looked over to see the Ink Demon in his beast form, somehow squeezed beside him.

Oh.

The silence remained as Henry looked away.

...

"Is there a reason, Stein? For suddenly giving up all that hope you clung to."

"..Rather yes, Bendy-"

"-Ink Demon."

Inhaling, he sighed. "Ink Demon.. Right."

"Continue."

....

"..For some odd reason, I quite don't want too. It ruins me thinking of it. Yet I can't deny that it's not true."

"..." That's okay. He'd wait.

...

"Hope is just luck in disguise." The beast spoke. It's true, to himself, that is.

The man was slightly caught off guard but chuckled nonetheless. "You're right.. yet the human mind is determined to cling to it, regardless of what hope does to one."

...
..

"Why haven't you killed me yet? You always do."

Humming began. Henry could hear it buzzing from beside him.

"You gave up." He responded with. Seemingly using Henry's words against him.

The man made a small 'huh' to indicate he was perplexed of what the demon entirely meant.

"You gave up."

"Yes- but-"

"It was amusing seeing you try. Every, single, time. But now? Once I kill you, would you even try? The game is over. Or, my entertainment is."

The male just stayed silent. Listening to the humming once again.

-------------

ended it here! i had more ideas for how this chapter should've played out but stick with this one. i was going to continue on with the plot but i felt like it was good to leave it off here.
stay well !! <3