Re:Chapter 11 - Date A New Problems

Start from the beginning

I dispel that thought by replacing it with another. DEM clearly knows about Spirits and, though that base went 'rogue', they still experimented on people. Some papers we recovered show they were trying to find out more about Spirits and maybe even create one. One thing about this bothers me though...

Did they really go rogue, or was it just DEM cutting their losses?

We know nothing of them, in all honesty. The AST's job is to kill Spirits, but what does DEM really want...?

"Hmph. Okay then people, begin compiling all the info we've gotten." I order.

With a resounding chorus of 'Yes, ma'am', they begin to work. I get up and leave the room, my mind still racing.

Three Spirits raided Neryl Island. For what? And how did they know about the facility? It was in the middle of the Pacific? Hang on... there was one Spirit who could supposedly know anything with her angel's power, Sister, if I remember correct. If Emperor really could copy angels...

Okay, enough of that. I was dragged out of bed on my day off. Hopefully, Shido's done making breakfast.

—————

"Are you okay, Ellen?" I ask, while sitting at my desk, having returned to England after our trip to the base on Neryl Island.

The two of us were there for a routine inspection, as well as to have Ellen take over Ashcroft's job of guarding the island for a while as she and Takamiya are busy off in China.

Who could've expected all of that to happen?

"I've told you already, Ike. I'm fine." My old friend Ellen reassures me. She says that, but she's covered in multiple rolls of bandages under her suit, especially arm over her hip.

Even with our magic, it was difficult to heal her. Those Inverse Forms must have had some sort of 'anti-magic' property, as our magics broke down when we attempted to use them to heal Ellen.

Last night was certainly interesting. The new Spirit Emperor seems to be a lot stronger than he appeared, and also knows much more than I expected.

Not to mention he's a male.

The first male Spirit... why now?

I've been trying to Inverse a Spirit for years, and yet he comes along and gets not one, but two Spirits to be able to Inverse at their will!

I feel a bit insulted.

He also seems to know about her. No other Spirit knows of her, save for Sister and perhaps Nightmare.

After Ellen and I returned to England, I began to think about this all night.

He can copy angels and even demons, truly a strong power. He's still not on par with her, but certainly proved himself a threat last night.

"Ellen, I'd like you to ramp up your training. You can defeat Spirits easily, but now that they can Inverse..." I trail off, not having to explain it to her.

"I was already planning that, Ike. I'll also ramp up the others' training." She says, proudly. Heh, she always is one step ahead.

"Also, expect an upgrade to Pendragon, I'm going to tell the men to start working on Caliburn." As I say this, Ellen's eyes light up with desire, excitement and confusion.

"Not Excalibur?" She asks.

"No. We're missing a certain... 'something' to make that weapon. For now it'll have to be Caliburn." I explain my thoughts. If we were to make the Excalibur CR-Unit we have planned, we'd need something of immense power, like one of those Sephira Crystals, or perhaps the inverse of that...