Part 5

Classes resume and Harry is learning a lot. He did get pinned down with odd questions from Snape but other than that, he did adequately in potions. Ron is walking beside him and he wonders if the boy has no other friends to walk with.

"I mean she is a complete nightmare. No wonder she has no friends." Ron is going on about Hermione raising her hand in class constantly wanting to answer the questions. He also is inslting her because in Charms class she was the first to levitate the feather. Harry was the second remembering what his mother taught him. Draco was the thrid after getting over his awe at Hermione getting the spell first.

"I think she heard you." Harry says being shoved as Hermione walks by them. He goes after her wanting to fix the situation. 

"Where are you going?" He ignores the Weasley and paused when she turned sharply into the girl's bathroom. damn it.

"Hermione!" He calls from the entrance not wanting to enter. "Ron was just mad. He did not mean it!"

"Go away." Harry licks his lips and looks up and down the corridor. He walks in slowly checking if there are other girls. There is nobody so he walks in further. He follows the weeping sounds and knocks on the stall.

"Hermione, you should just ignore Ron. He is just jealous. I think you are brilliant. I was taught a lot by my stepmom and still, I do not know the number of things you do. Please come out." Harry coaxes her glancing a few times to make sure no girl catches him in the place.

He knows his mother would be scolding him for an hour if she ever finds out he went into a girl's bathroom. If she does find out he will simply say he is helping a friend.

"If it makes things better, I will be your friend." Draco comes into his mind and Harry pushes the boy out of his mind. He is being kind. It is in his nature.

"Really?" He hears her sniffle.

"Yeah. Please come out." He steps back giving her space to step out and wiping her eyes.

"Thanks." He smiles at her and she smiles back with puffy eyes.

"Let us get to class." They walk to the entrance and stop when a big foot stands in their way. Looking up their eyes widen and Harry instinctively pushes Hermione behind him. 

"That is a troll." Hermone whispers in his ear and Harry knows it is not here to play but to harm them.

Growl. The troll lifts his club and Harry shoves Hermione out of the way stepping back dodging the club slamming on the floor. Harry watches Hermione crawl in the cubicle but scream when the club crashes through the wlal.

"Hermione! Run!" Harry screams at her and slips out his wand. His eyes search for something to knock the troll unconscious and the only thing is is club.

"Swish and Flick!" Hermione calls to him and crawls away when the sink she was hiding from a second ago gets smashed.

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Harry chants and flicks his wand at the club. The club slipped out of the Trolls grasp and it looks up confused. He lowers the club on his head and the troll drops down on the floor.

"Is he dead?" Harry and Hermione gasps finding Ron beside them. Harry returns his gaze down to the troll shaking his head.

"no he is just knocked out." they look at the entrance as three professors run in.

"What...Explain yourselves this instant." Minerva exclaims in slight shock at the unconscious troll and the three students standing unharmed near it.

"Well," Ron begins ready to take false credit but Hermione interupts.

"Harry and I stumbled upon it and it attacked us. If it weren't for Harry's magic, i would be dead." Ron gawks at the witch not hearing anything about him. "Ronald came to warn us."

"Well, as much as i wonder what you two were doing here int he girls bathroom, I am glad you three are lright. Not many students can take on a full on troll and live to tell the tale. Five points will be awarded to each of you, for sheer dumb luck." Minerva walks off with Severus staring at the three, mainly Harry.

"Best go before he awakens." Hermione gasps Harry arm and he gives her a kind smile walking out with Ron behind them.

"Thanks for that." Ron exclaims to Hermione. "Ronald came to only warn us?"

"That is what happened. Anyway, thank you Harry for saving me."

"No problem. What was a troll doing in the castle?"

"I do not know but I wonder where Snape got that nasty cut." Hermione words about Snape catches Harry's attention. Did he bring the troll in? For what reason though?

"Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you comes up with another clever idea to get us killed – or worse, expelled." She turns around and heads up to the girl's dorm.

"She needs to set out her priorities." Harry nods staring at the door where Hermione disappeared off to.