Part 4

"Ah, a Potter. Hazel has taken you under her wing. Hm, I knew she would. Her loyalty goes beyond life and death. Very brave. Loyal and cunning too. Intelligence but too little to be in Ravenclaw. Kind of a Hufflepuff...hm, not quite. Oh Slytherin would work well in your favor but I see...hm..yes, better be...GRYFFINDOR!"

Harry's smile is quick to lift and drop again when he looks over at Draco. He nods smiling that he is glad. Harry heads to the table and beside Ron who pats his back. He accepts shaking hands with everyone that he never saw before. His eyes find Draco again and the ache appears.

After the sorting was dinner and Harry ate a nice meal but not divulged too much like Ron who is stuffing his face. The sight almost made Harry lose his lunch. Looking over to the teacher's table, he finds a man with black hair already looking at him. Harry flinches as his scar stings in pain and the man looks away. 

"Percy, who is that man at the end of the table?"

"That is Severus Snape, head of the Slytherin house and potions teacher. He has been trying to get Quirrel's job for years. Everyone knows it is the dark arts he fancies." Harry nods and looks back to Severus. He will ask his mother about him.

After eating and gaining new friends, Harry follows after Percy who is Rons older brother. When he reaches the stairs, Harry can not help but turn back and catch Draco's eyes looking at him. They smile at each other and nod goodnight before heading separate ways.

Once in the common room, with red and wood decor, Harry puts his pajamas on. He spends some time writing to his mother all about the sorting and asks about Severus. He places the note in the purse his mother gave him that directly transports the letter to her if he did not want to send Hedwig, his owl, out to fly. He then tucks in the cover and sleeps.

The next morning, Harry wakes up earlier than the rest. Stretching his arms, he slips out of bed and makes it with a flick of his wand. After the shopping trip, Hazel taught him a few spells to help in during the day. How to flick his wand and objects to do simple tasks without needing to chant a spell. It is called mental magic. He pictures what he wants to be done and his magic does it.

Getting dressed in his robes and grabbing his bag with his books and supplies, he walks down to the Great Hall. It took some time due to needing to ask the portraits for help. He sits at the Gryffindor table alone and a plate of food appears before him. Eating calmly, he hears a ding from the purse he carries in his bag. Fishing out the purse, he unclips it and finds his mother's signature writing.

'Dear Harry, I am so happy fo you in getting Gryffindor. Your parents and I were in Gryffindor as well. They would be proud too. It is alright that you and Draco are in different houses. You still will be friends no matter how far you two are. Have a good day and be good in class. Love, mom Hazel.' Harry's day brightens more with the response from his mother.

"Hey Harry," He looks and his day is getting better with Draco standing behind him. 

"Morning Draco. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah. How is it in the tower?" the Gryffindor room is in fact in a tower.

"Adequate. The Slytherin room?" Draco sits beside him since there is nobody around to glare at him.

"Cold. We are actually under the black lake. I thought I saw a monster when I looked out the window." Harry's eyes widen and pat his friend's back.

"Well, you just glare and it will probably swim away." Draco smiles and they chat before students begin walking into the hall. "Draco? Where are you going?"

"To my house table. I was told that the houses cannot mingle with each other. Especially our houses." Harry's happiness dims.

"Oh. Well, see you in class then?" Draco nods and heads to his table with a frown on his face. None of the boys want to be separated but that is how things are. They both hope they can remain friends even with the house feud.