13 ll You're In a Relationship, Not Blind

Start from the beginning

Steve pouted. "You're no fun," he slurred.

Two-Bit, to my relief, was acting normally. He was drunk all the time, and it had sort of just become his personality.

I noticed him looking over at the door, and I turned to follow his gaze.

A group of guys, Tim Shepard's gang, walked in and sat at the bar a few yards away.

I sighed. They usually meant trouble. We just wanted to finish up and get to the party.

Then Curly came rushing in.

He muttered something to Tim with a shocked expression.

But one phrase came out clearly.

"It was Dallas Winston."

I looked back over at Two-Bit, who had obviously heard the same thing I had.

But Steve was nowhere to be found, and it took me a minute to see him on the other side of the bar with more teens chanting something.

Beer dribbled down his face, and I rolled my eyes at my friend. Usually it would be Two-Bit in the situation, but he was surprisingly calm that night.

Tim Shepard, with clenched fists, led his gang out into the parking lot where they hopped into their T-Bird and sped away.

"We have to warn Dally," Two-Bit told me, and I nodded.

He raced over to use the phone that was placed behind the bar.

I went over to find Steve, but was intercepted by our waitress, Carolyn.

"So, what's your name?" she asked, scanning me up and down with a sly smirk.

"Uh, it's Sodapop."

"That's a nice name." She raised her eyebrow at me flirtatiously and stepped closer. I backed away.

"Oh, thank you. I really need to-"

She didn't respond, only stepped closer to me.

"I'm Carolyn." Then she took out a folded piece of paper, kissed it, and tucked it into the pocket of my flannel.

"Thanks, but I-" I was going to tell her that I have a girlfriend, but I stopped when I heard a bottle break and saw Steve making out with some stranger who was bar tending.

"Glory.. I have to-"

I tried to break away but Carolyn grabbed my arm and pulled me until we were inches apart.

"Please, I need to go help my friend," I said, a little too angry.

She smiled at me. "You're adorable."

For a second I thought she was going to kiss me, and she looked so delicate that I didn't want to push her back.

I squirmed away from her, turning my head and doing everything I could without shoving her.

Then the phone began to ring, and Carolyn rolled her eyes before turning around to answer it.

I bolted away and yanked Steve towards me. Two-Bit was already over there, but he was not exactly helping the situation.

Well, I'll just say it. He was already kissing his own broad.

"Dammit, guys, have you all lost your minds?" I exploded, and both my friends shot away and looked at me.

"We have to go!" I encouraged, grabbing their arms. It took all of my human willpower to not slam their heads together.

Then someone cleared their throat behind me. I turned to see Carolyn standing behind me, her hands on her hips.

"You have a girlfriend?" she demanded.

"That's what I was getting at, yes," I growled.

She chuckled. "Why isn't she here with you?"

I sighed. I wanted to be done talking to this broad.

"Okay, Carolyn. Please just leave me alone."

I stalked away from her and she frowned. Two-Bit and Steve still refused to move.

"Keith Matthews, come to your senses!" Two-Bit turned around looked at me.

"Soda, just give me like five minutes, okay? Then we can go." I groaned and went back to our table alone.

More than five minutes had already passed, but I didn't want to go back over there because the greaser broad Two-Bit was with was giving me death glares.

Just as I stood up to collect them, the door swung open and the restaurant went dead silent.

Dally came rushing in with a long cut down his jawline. He was followed by Ponyboy and Johnny, who looked dirty but didn't seem to have any serious injuries.

But the three of them were the least of my concern as soon as I took a closer look. A passed out Valerie, bleeding heavily from her shoulder, was resting in Dally's arms.

-

A/N: There's no such thing as bothering me by over commenting so SPAM ME OK