Chapter Twelve: Confusion and Lies

Izuku sighed as he took a sip of his sake. He was pouring over a couple of cases he was working on as Viridian. Just because he got hurt, didn't mean he was going to completely stop working. He just couldn't go out on patrol yet, was all.

ViridianChaos: Hey, Masa. I think I've got something—I'm going to shoot you an encrypted e-mail with my findings.

Fury: Ugh, just try to make the code solvable for me, would you? I don't want to have to go to Nezu again.

Nezu grinned while Tsukauchi groaned. 

ViridianChaos: That was such an EASY code, though! Fine. I'll send you the cheat sheet on a separate server.

Fury: Thank you.

"Hey, I brought you some..." Keigo stopped mid-sentence as he stared at the sake bottle. "How did you buy that? You're fifteen."

"Midoriya!" Iida began to reprimand him. 

"I'm physically fifteen. I'm actually around forty-four." Izuku smirked as he went for another drink.

"Your physical body would appreciate a working liver." Keigo snatched the bottle before Izuku could drink any more. The vigilante pouted.

"Aww~ But I just started!"

"Too bad. Wait till you're of age, like everyone else in the country."

"BOO!" 

"I mean, technically—"

"Time travel doesn't count." Keigo crossed his arms.

"Yes, it does!" 

"Time, you're like the mother I never had." Izuku chuckled as he ran a hand through his hair. He grimaced at the greasy feel. "I need a shower."

"All right—come on, then. Back to my place."

"Huh?"

"You heard me. You need a shower and you need your injuries looked at."

"Fine, fine." Izuku relented, grabbing his overnight bag. He was fairly used to staying over at Keigo's place, by this point.

"You know..." Keigo tilted his head. "You could totally move in with me? I mean, the teachers know that we're good friends, and—"

"No. Not only would that paint a really big target on you and your agency, but it'd also call up questions about my home life I'd rather not answer." Izuku rejected immediately. "Besides... There's no guarantee I'd even be allowed to live with you, if they knew."

"I... I suppose that's true... What if I work out the paperwork on my end first?" Keigo brightened again.

"Kei..." Izuku groaned. Why couldn't he just drop it? Izuku liked being alone. "I'm a grown adult of nearly half a century! I think I can live alone, yeah?"

"I mean, legally..." Keigo smirked as he held up the sake bottle. "You can't even drink, so..."

"I hate you."

"Nah, you love me!" Hawks stated. 

"No you don't." He watched bemused as Izuku gathered his papers and stuffed it into his worn rescued duffle bag. "Oh, yeah. There's a new video of Viridian circling the web. It's super popular, too."

"Oh?" Izuku was only half-paying attention.

"Yeah. Remember when you told that kid you were Quirkless?"