Chapter Eight: Suspicions.

"See?" Hawks said. 

Shouta wasn't sure what to expect from this year's crop of students. Last year, he'd expelled his entire class, and he wasn't above doing the same to this one. He was already in a bad mood, and he blamed Viridian wholeheartedly.

"You love us! Don't worry."

That idiot had gotten himself seriously wounded about a week ago, when they ran into his crazy stalker, and he hadn't been replying to anyone on the group chat. Shouta had been unable to find him in any hospitals or clinics, meaning that the guy was either being treated by someone privately (he hoped) or was doing it himself—again. He hoped Viridian had just damaged his phone again. Maybe Shouta should get him a hero-grade phone instead? Those were durable as hell, for this exact reason.

"Nope. Just Dr. Hawks." 

With a sigh, he fished out his phone to send the vigilante another text.

"You are such a dad, Shou." 

LetMeSleep: @ViridianChaos, I swear to god, if you don't reply to one of us, I'm going to hunt you down after school and drag you to a goddamned hospital myself.

"Such language." 

"Shut up, Zashi." 

As if he hadn't already been driving himself up the wall searching every crevice of Musutafu he knew—he even searched the South Side each night!

"You are really worried there, Sensei." Asui said. 

Fury: Still no sign of him on my end, either.

Shouta wouldn't admit it aloud, but he enjoyed the man's company, and possibly even considered him a friend. Not that he'd tell anyone that.

So, knowing that his maybe-friend was hurt somewhere, and the fact that he hadn't seen him on patrol for several nights put Shouta in a pretty foul mood. His fuse was short enough without having to deal with a bunch of unruly teenagers who think they're hot stuff. 

Present Mic snorted. Aizawa glared at him.

He eyed his class from his position on the floor. The fluffy-haired kid, Midoriya, had noticed him instantly. That put Shouta on-guard, because he was in stealth mode—the kind he used on underground missions. Nobody noticed him in stealth mode. Seriously, what is this kid?!

He carefully nodded in acknowledgement of the brat before he stood up, garnering the attention of the rest of the class.

"You have to be nicer, Shou..." 

"Life doesn't play nice."

"You have a point." 

"Eight seconds. It took you all that long to settle down. Time is precious, do not waste mine." He sent them a level look, climbing out of his comfortably warm sleeping bag. "My name is Aizawa Shouta, and I'll be your homeroom teacher for the duration of your time here at U.A." He pulled out their gym uniforms. "Now put these on and meet me outside on the field." With that, he walked out, stuffing his sleeping bag into his pocket (because Hizashi was amazing and got him the kind that folds up into the size of a phone).

Aizawa looked jealous. His sleeping bag doesn't do that.

As he made his way outside, he felt his phone buzz.

ViridianChaos: Sorry I've been offline for a bit. My phone got damaged when I got hurt. No need to worry, I'll be back on patrol within a night or two~ I didn't even have to stitch myself up this time! And Eraser, it's not like you could find me if you tried. :P