Chapter Six: Rooftop Chats

Izuku was lounging in his refurbished lawn chair by his fire pit as he enjoyed some pasta that he'd cooked. He really couldn't thank Keigo enough for all the food and supplies he'd given to him—even if it did seem like a bit much at times. The sun was shining down, and the wind blew through his dirty green hair. "Maybe I should shower soon...?"

"What can I say except you're welcome!" Hawks sang. 

"How long has it been since you last bathed?" Keigo asked as he came into the clearing. He once tried to land from the skies and nearly toppled the delicately piled trash heaps with the wind his wings had created. So, he had to memorize the very specific non-booby-trapped route that Izuku had dug out to get to his secluded home.

"That place doesn't exactly have running water." Jiro commented. 

"Well, I don't exactly have running water, here. I sneak into the gym by the library whenever I can to catch a quick shower."

"Or you could just waltz into my place and use my stuff." Keigo tossed something at him, and Izuku looked down incredulously at a bright silver key.

"Don't look so surprised—you've been to my apartment before."

"Yeah, but you've given me the key to your apartment. That's kinda different."

"Not really. I'm a busy high-ranking Hero, and you're a busy high-ranking Vigilante who helps out the police. Plus, the Entrance Exams for U.A. are tomorrow." He grinned as he flopped down in the other lawn chair. "You ready?"

"No." 

Hawks laughed. 

"As I'll ever be." Izuku's expression soured. He'd failed the exam miserably in his original timeline. "I put in all the paperwork for my weapons months ago, and Nezu's approved them."

Nezu grinned. Oh, how he couldn't wait to see what this Midoriya would do the Entrance Exam. 

"Relax, Izuku." Keigo sent him a carefree smile. "You're the best Vigilante in all of Japan. You ran circles around every Pro Hero and police force out there—even All Might and Endeavor!! This exam will be nothing to you!"

"Nobody cares about Endeavor." Midoriya commented. Hawks shrugged. 

He remembered that one time that All Might himself had tried to catch him when he'd been patrolling in Tokyo. The man had been terrifyingly quick and strong, and he did not like being on the other end of that smile. But he'd managed to outwit the #1 Hero and give him the slip until his 3 hours were up. He'd jumped quite drastically in the Vigilante Rankings thereafter. As far as he knew, he was one of the only vigilantes to ever outrun All Might. And it'd been incredibly satisfying to do so. Like he was flipping the man the finger after he'd crushed his dreams twice.

"So that's how he invaded me."  All Might smiled. I'm proud. 

"You're right." Izuku relaxed a bit. You have to be.

Izuku was also happy to note that the local homeless thugs in his area no longer gave him any trouble. After he took on that one guy with some kind of bear Quirk and won, the others backed off rather quickly. He'd earned their respect, which was everything on the streets.

"On the streets, you better go big or go home." 

"How would you know, Kaminari?" 

He shrugged. "Isn't that the answer for everything?"