Chapter Thirteen 🔥

"Ah man, this place feels endless," Nozomu complained to no one but himself. He rubbed at his shoulder as he idly wandered the halls of the Imperial Palace. I'd rather be home right now, he added silently.

He wasn't followed by guards, but at the same time there weren't enough guards to tail him. Those that were available guarded the perimeter of the Palace or were in the Reception Hall while Shuei underwent his appeal. The tension had been so thick in the air that Nozomu had wanted to escape it, and he discreetly told Kishi that he was heading to the bathroom.

"I'll keep an eye on Shuei-san," Kishi responded.

And keep yourself under the attention of Kōtaishi-sama, Nozomu added, but he had kept that to himself. He smiled briefly at the thought before he quickly sobered. It's too bad that they're as doomed as Riku and I are.

As he turned down a hallway, a yellow solid shoji screen to his right slid open. Nozomu paused in surprise, but an arm lashed out and grabbed his wrist. He recognized the touch and smiled, allowing himself to be dragged into the empty room. Riku stood there looking looking exceptionally handsome in a pale purple men's kimono. Nozomu didn't waste time with words, and neither did his boyfriend. They lunged for each other, kissing hard and fast. Nozomu pinned him to the north wall and pulled on the kimono sash. "I won't leave marks that can be seen," he murmured.

"I don't care," Riku whispered back, grabbing for Nozomu's sash. Their kimono's opened in the front and they each yanked their underwear off before Nozomu pressed his naked body against his.

"I'll be careful," Nozomu whispered, and bent his head suck a nipple into his mouth.

"We be both need to be," Riku panted. "They'll—never let us live it down if we weren't."

One of the reasons why so many Seishin were against them being together was because of how easily Seishin of Riku's bloodline produced eggs. Riku's bloodline had mana levels three times higher than that of the royal family, and as such their partners did not need to exert much mana in conception to create children. As such, people of their bloodline were often paired with the royal family in marriage because of conception rates. It was because of this that no one seemed to trust Nozomu and Riku together. They were all afraid that the nephew of the Imperial Consort would make endless number of eggs with someone in a dangerous position as a technical bodyguard of a royal family member.

Little did anyone know though that Nozomu and Riku had been intimate already. Numerous times. And they had not yet conceived a child.

They give us too little credit. Nozomu licked his way up Riku's chest and claimed his mouth again, as they both grabbed each other and began pumping each other. Nozomu's toes curled against the floor and they moaned against each other's mouths as they clung to each other and moved together, swiftly trying to reach their apex before anyone found them.

"I love you," Nozomu rasped, sucking on Riku's bottom lip.

"I love you, too!" Riku whined desperately. He threw his head back against the wall and groaned as he reached his peak, and Nozomu rocked his hips against his body as he met his own release.

They both sank to the floor, sweating and hot and breathless, but spent and fulfilled. Nozomu kissed him gently again. "Thanks. I think we both needed that."

"I think so, too." Riku then picked up his left hand and held it up. He held up his own right hand, though it was currently covered with spent, and they both watched their hands for a moment. After a few moments nothing happened, and Riku smirked. "No child."