Chapter 24 - Zodiac Exam (3)

Start from the beginning

"What about you two? How were your meetings?" Kushida asked.

"Same as everyone else, I believe," Ayanokouji continued. "Class B took charge in trying to have any type of discussion, while Class A explicitly told us they would not be participating."

"I see, so it's like that for every group," Horikita concluded.

"Not exactly," I said.

Everyone there but Ayanokouji turned to me with confused looks.

"What do you mean, Fukumoto-kun," Hirata asked.

"While Class B is at the helm of trying to lead any discussions within our group. Class A hasn't said they wouldn't be participating. They didn't talk much, but they didn't flat out deny participating in any discussions."

Everyone seemed astonished by this news. That some people within Class A were not following Katsuragi's plan.

"Who's in your group from Class A?" Kushida asked.

"Hashimoto, Yamamura, and Sakayanagi."

"Sakayanagi..." Horikita remembered.

"I had heard rumors about her," I continued. "That in Class A, there are two factions. The Sakayanagi and Katsuragi factions. Maybe, my Class A group members all follow Sakayanagi, while the majority of other Class A members follow Katsuragi."

"That's quite possible," Horikita replied. "I have heard rumors about Sakayanagi-san being the complete opposite of Katsuragi-kun and focusing on relentless attacks on other classes. But, I haven't seen much of her during our exams or school."

"I think it is best to be cautious around her," Hirata interjected. "We don't know her true nature or ability yet, so it would be wise to proceed with caution, Fukumoto-kun."

I answered Hirata with a slight nod. "I'll do my best, but if there is the chance to learn anything about her, I'll take that opportunity."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After my discussion with the members of the Dragon Group and Ayanokouji, I decided to retire to my room to get some needed rest before the second group meeting today.

I knew this was going to be a troublesome exam, so any rest I could get would be beneficial.

After napping for some time, it was time for the Goat Group to meet up again.

I made my way to the conference room where all the members of the Goat Group would meet. After opening the door, I once again noticed that I was the last member to make it.

Taking my seat next to Hiyori again, I waited for the school to announce the beginning of the second meeting.

"You sure do come in the nick of time, huh, Fukumoto-kun."

"Yeah, sorry about that, Hiyori. I didn't want to wake up from my nap."

"Hehe, I know how it feels. Once I get a good book, I never want to do anything else but read it."

She was the true definition of a bookworm.

The second discussion of the Zodiac Exam has begun.

Like the last meeting, this one started out with nothing but silence.

But, a new student took the initiative to begin the exam.

Amikura stood up and began to speak. "Well, I don't think we are going to have a much different discussion than the last one, so why not..."

After fumbling in her blazer pocket for a moment, she pulled out a deck of playing cards.