Approaching calamity

After some drinking with Raven, Salem bursts open door to Rimuru's room.

Salem: Rimuru! We need to talk!

Rimuru in his slime form looked at her confused.

Rimuru: About? And are you drunk again?

Salem: I'm only slightly drunk. But I'm here to discuss your role as the rules of a new nation.

Rimuru: What is it?

Salem: First off, you can't decide someone else's achievements without their permission!

Rimuru: What?

Salem: Don't play dumb with me! The title of the Orc Lord slayer was mine!

Then Rimuru comes to a realization.

Rimuru: Oh, no! I'm sorry!

Salem: Relax I'm not that mad about that. I'm mad that you didn't talk about it with me first. We are the Chancellors, we need to talk to make our nation great.

Rimuru: Yeah, I see, I'm sorry...

Salem: Let's discuss the second thing.

Rimuru: And that is?

Salem: We should divide our work I will take one part and will do the other half.

Rimuru: Yeah, that sounds reasonable. But how are we going to divide it?

Salem: Simply, You will take diplomacy and social interests, and I'll take war and military-related.

Rimuru: What? Military?! We are not starting a war!

Salem: Don't be a fool now. "A wise ruler never seeks out war, but they must always be ready for it." Humans are simple creatures. Driven by their own desires. The lust that dwells within the soul of man cannot be denied. They will ask for more and more and when we finally say "no" they will treat us as a waste of space and try to exterminate us. They need to know we can fight. So they will respect us and fear us. If we just say "yes" to every demand they will soon take advantage of it.

Rimuru: Come on they can't be like it. We don't need to fight all the time.

Salem: Humans fear monsters, they fear us. That's how always things were. "You can't change the world with pretty words alone."

Rimuru: I guess I will not go thru you with this. Alright, we will divide our ruling like this.

Salem: And one more thing. If there will be a major decision we will bout talk about this.

Rimuru: Yes!

Salem: Thank you for understanding, friend.

Salem then left.

Then few days have past and Rimuru was with Salem looking at a cart with bags of monster meat. Kaval and Gido were completely exhausted. Milim had a proud smile on her face.

Gido: So heavy...

Milim: Another great haul today!

Eren: Milim's truly amazing! She can locate monsters right away, so hunting is a breeze!

Milim: Detecting monsters is a piece of cake! We'll have another feast tonight!

Salem: (think) Wait, if we are eating monster meat and we're all kinds of sentient monsters, are we cannibals?