Chancellors of the Great Forest of Jura

Everyone then gathered in the throne room of the Lizardmen. Rimuru was in his slime form and in Shion's arm while Salem was next to them. And even Treyni was there.

Treyni: Chairman Rimuru Tempest, please begin the conference.

Rimuru: Uh...

Salem could see that Rimuru was nervous. And chuckled at his misfortune.

Rimuru: Uh... I've never led a meeting like this before, so it's not my strong suit. So Salem why don't you take this for me?

Salem looked at Rimuru wide eyed. Then she get hold of herself and cleared her throat.

Salem: Oh, no, no, no... Treyni named you so the stage is all yours.

Rimuru: (thoughts) You really don't helping, women!

Then he sighed and started.

Rimuru: Alright, I'll just say what's on my mind then. I'd like you to save your deliberations until after that. I'll start by saying this: I don't intend to charge the Orcs with any crimes.

Orcs looked confused.

Rimuru: I know this may upset the Lizardmen, who suffered the most casualties, but hear me out. The cause of all this was starvation due to a famine. Anyone, of any race, might have made the same choices under those conditions. Of course, this is just my public stance on the matter.

Lizardmen chieftain: Then may we hear your personal thoughts on it, as well?

Rimuru: I've taken all of the Orcs' sins upon myself. If anyone has a complaint, bring it to me.

One orc in the cloak that stood up.

Orc: P-Please, wait! Surely there is no logic to-

Rimuru: That was my promise with the Demon Lord Geld.

Then the Orc sit down.

Lizardmen chieftain: I see. However, I feel that answer is somewhat unfair.

Benimaru then stepped forward.

Benimaru: There is one immutable rule shared among all monsters: "Survival of the fittest." The moment they faced each other, they were both prepared for that.

Rimuru: You guys lost your home, too. Don't you have any complaints?

Benimaru: I would be lying if I said we didn't, but if it happens again, we will not disgrace ourseůves a second time.

Rimueu: Uh-huh...

Lizardmen chieftain: I see... That is a fair point. But there is one thing I must know.

Rimuru: What's that?

Lizardmen chieftain: What will be done with the Orcs? You have said you will not charge them with any crimes. Does that mean you intend to accept all of their survivors?

Rimuru: Even with their nimbers down, there are sill 80,000 of them, and if I'm counting correctly without Salem we would have 150,000. That being the case... It may sound like some kind of deam, but I'm thinking we can all work together.

Lizardmen chieftain: Work together?

Lizardwoman: Meaning what, exactly?

Rimuru: The lizardmen will share a clean water source and fish, the goblins will offer places to live, and our town will give them processed goods.