SPECIAL CHAPTER II

PORTIA

"Paige, I have a question." I look at my wife, my eyebrows rose a bit. I waited for her question, weighing if it is stupid or not. Or if she deserve a slap or my fucking slipper.

"Hm?" my sister is busy doing her homework, we're about to attend a party tonight, just waiting for Mommy Harriet and Eris.

"What do we call a water that's warm?" so stupid.

My wife, Khalei and paige we're sitting at the carpeted floor of our living area, habang ako ay naka upo sa sofa at binabantayan ang anak namin.

"Warm water," Shevaya clapped her hands.

"Eh yung water na hot?"

"Hot water," my sister answered absent mindedly. Tuwang tuwa naman ang asawa ko.

"What about the water that's cold?" Goodnees, Gracious. Is she seriously asking my sister with that stupid questions? My ghad, Shevaya.

"Cold water," my wife constantly nod her head.

This stupid yet pretty mother fucker in front of me is the love of my life. Thinking about it now, ang tagal na rin pala, and the memories of my kagagahan before just to make papansin to Shevaya, are goodness. It's making me blush by simply thinking about it.

I cleared my throat and look at her in the eyes, to tell her to stop her crazy questions towards paige.

"Eh how about the water that's frozen, Piage?" Shevaya shrugged her shoulders and averted her gaze from mine. Halatang ayaw paawat.

"Frozen water," my sister, who'd occupied of her works, answer it without thinking.

My lovely wife's grasp on her pillow tightened, halatang pinipigilang matawa lalo pa at disappointed na lumingon ang kapatid nito sa banda ni Paige.

"The water that's frozen, paige?" my eyes roam around.

What time is it na ba? Bakit wala pa ang mag-asawa? They should be here by now. Kanina pa namin sila tinawagan. Sa kanila ko iiwan si Paige at ang anak namin ni Shevaya.

"Frozen water, Ate Aya." there's annoyance on my sister's tone.

Tawang tawang niyakap ni Shevaya ang unan, si Lei naman ay halatang nawalan na ng gana sa ginagawa. She gets bored easily.

I've notice that she's too intelligent, she could learn the things that interest her in just days, or weeks. And will get bored with it, after that, she'll look for something to learn again.

They should always keep this kid entertain. Gaya na lang ngayon, she's looking at my sister coldly. Ang talim makatingin ng mala pusa nitong mga mata.

"The water that's frozen?" Ulit na naman ng asawa ko.

"Frozen water, Aya." I heavily sigh and stood up to gave my wife a smack on her shoulder.

"Ouch, Mi amor." Reklamo nito.

"Stop it." gigil kong banta. Can't she see that my sister is busy doing her homework, and she's distracting her.

"I'm just asking her kung anong tawag sa frozen na water."

"Frozen water nga." my sister kept on answering without thinking. Tawang tawa naman si Shevaya.

"It's called ice, stupid." we all look at her, jaw dropped. I was about to reprimand her when my sister loudly squeal. Reason why my first born got scared and start crying.

I motion my hand to Shevaya, telling her to get her daughter.

"Call me Ate, Ciara Khalei."

"Make me choose between dying or calling you that."