LOSING

- MON

"Hey Pat. I have a project to do and I really need an expert on this. I know you're one of the best FD students out there so I really need your help"

Hindi ako nakapagsalita agad nang bigla nalang umupo si Troy dito sa bench kung saan kami nag-aaral ni Jane at Kianna and started talking about his project.

"M-Me?"

I pointed at myself like a dumb bitch. Of course it's you Mon! He smiled at me and showed me his dimple again.

"Yes. You"

I was shocked and overwhelmed at the same time so before I could even sort my brain out I already answered him with a...

"S-sure"

"Great! Can we discuss it later at dinner? Say 6PM?"

6PM? I have a dinner with Veen and her parents.

But again, dahil maharot ako, before I could sort my brain out I already answered him with a..

"Y-yes. 6 is fine"

"Alright I'll see you then!"

Umalis na siya like that was the only intention he has for talking to me.

"You know that he was just asking you for a date right?"

Napakagat labi ako dahil sa sinabi ni Kianna at tinanguan siya.

"And you know that you have a dinner with Veen tonight right?"

I told them about it earlier. They asked me to eat outside kasi and I declined since I have a dinner date with Veen and her parents. Tumango ako kay Jane.

"What are you gonna tell Sam?"

"I'll tell her about a certain classmate asking for help?"

Sabay silang napailing dahil sa sinabi ko. What should I tell Veen? I've been really wanting to be close to Troy for a long time now and this is my chance. I don't know, he makes me excited.

"Are you sure you're trusting the guy Mon? He is a playboy"

"RUMORED playboy"

I corrected Jane but she just shook her head again.

"Ayaw mo sa green flag kasi dun ka sa red flag"

I gave Kianna a death stare. Why are they pushing me to Veen? I love her but not that way.

"Shut up Ki. Pinapangunahan niyo naman ako. Nagpapatulong lang naman yung tao"

"Mon, just always remember that we warned you ha? If things go south with that guy hindi mo kami masisisi"

Hindi ko na sila inimikan pa. I just continued reading. Ang dami pang pwedeng mangyari. Hindi ko naman sinasabi na jojowain ko agad si Troy. And it's true, magpapatulong lang naman siya, if he really has another intention aside from that then I'll wait for him to tell me about it. I can still decide for what I want right?

* * *

Veen smiled at me when she saw me walk towards her. She's leaning on her car and was waiting for me to get off from class so we could go home together.

"Hey Bun, you ready? I'll wait for you to change and then we'll go to the resto? Mom and Dad will be waiting there"

Kinuha niya ang dala-dala kong books at inilagay sa likod ng sasakyan niya. She went back to me and kissed my hair.

"How was your day?"

I smiled at her and bit my lip.

"I-it was okay babi. Uhmm, I have a classmate who needs help with a project. Can I help?"