𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

chapter eight

chapter eight . first date

Adonis picked up Maisie at seven, and by picked up he literally just walked to her room and knocked on the door. He wanted to grab dinner before they went into the movie theater, so he took her to his favorite Italian restaurant. They both decided to split a small pizza so that they could have popcorn at the theater.

"So, how long have you been modeling?" Maisie asked, taking a sip of her lemonade. She curiously raised one of her eyebrows.

"I think I was like fifteen." Adonis smiled. He wanted to be able to look at her more clearly, so he took off his sunglasses. He didn't care if people recognized him, all he cared about was the gorgeous girl who was smiling in front of him.

She followed suit, taking off her own sunglasses. "That's really cool." Maisie smiled back, looking straight into her eyes. "You're a very interesting person. I don't feel like many people know you."

"Yeah, not many people do." He shrugged, "it's weird because some people say I have a 'resting bitch face'" he used air quotations to mock it, "but I don't really think so."

"Oh you definitely do." She laughed. "But it's easy to bypass."

"What do you mean?" He asked, leaning back into his seat.

"I mean that you were kinda intimidating when I first met you, like you had built up your walls and you didn't wanna let anyone in." Maisie smiled at him, "but then you started getting more comfortable and we really got to see who you really are, and you're a fun person to be around."

"Thanks." Adonis smiled back at her, sitting up once the pizza was served. He politely helped Maisie get the first slice and he settled for the one next to hers.

"So, what are your future plans?" Adonis asked once they finished eating, fiddling with the sunglasses on the table.

"I've written a few songs and I think I wanna follow in my mother's footsteps." Maisie responded.

"You write songs?"

"Yeah! I'll have to show you some, I've kinda just had a bunch ready to produce." She told him eagerly, her smiling growing wider with each word. It was one of her favorite subjects.

"Why haven't you released them yet?" He asked, crossing his arms on the table so that he could lean closer to her.

"I'm just waiting for the right time. Maybe I'm a bit scared? I don't want to be in the shadow of my mother." Maisie shrugged.

"You shouldn't be scared. You're Maisie freaking Swift! You could never be in your mother's shadow." Adonis told the brunette. Her face lit up at his words while he smiled at her.