Stay With Me

"Silver, are you awake?" Gold silently asked. Silver turned around and jumped to see Gold lying right beside him.

"What- what the actual hell are you doing!?" Silver angrily whispered. He moved away a short distance from Gold.

"What do you think of pokemon?" Gold asked.

"They're just tools for battle and nothing else. If they're weak, I just kick them out of my team. I have no need for those weaklings." Silver answered.

"That isn't true Silver, Pokemon aren't just tools for battle! You can bond with them which makes them stronger!" Gold replied.

"Whatever, I'm going to sleep. Now shut up." Silver replied, turning away from Gold's face.

"Silver..." Gold thought to himself. He put his arms round Silver. Gold was hugging Silver as he slept.

--
"I have no space for weak pokemon in this house! They're not just cuddly toys to play with, they're tools for battle! Now get that into your head!" His father yelled, while a terrified young Silver looked at him teary-eyed, holding the corpse of what seemed to be a dead pokemon.

A man all dressed in black, tried to take the dead pokemon off of Silver. He refused and kept hold of the corpse. The man got angry, threw Silver to the floor, pulled out a baton and that was the last thing he remembered.
--
Silver opened his eyes wide. He was breathing hard and sweating.

"Sil...ver?" A tired Gold muttered, yawning. "Did I wake you up...? Should I go back to my own bed?"

Silver turned around in Gold's arms and hugged him back.

"Gold don't leave my side," Silver was starting to slip into sleep again. "Stay with me."

"Ok..." They both squeezed each other tighter, keeping each other warm through the cold rainy night...