Seven

Artist: Anonymous

*

The next morning, Hisoka was gone and had picked up after himself. A gentleman. You see, when you meet someone who can match your stamina and endurance...

I felt the bed around a bit just to smell him if I could. I can't believe we'd gone at it for 12 hours. I checked my phone for a text or anything. Nothing.

I wonder if we're still on for Saturday? I bit my lip. Oh, I love to think about it. We did end up in the shower eventually, after many, many stops on the way there.

When I finally stood out of bed I stretched everywhere. I must've burned a lot yesterday after my workout and then... Hisoka. I smiled. I'm going to need a big lunch. It's probably too late for breakfast.

But before that, of course, I need to go to the post office for my personal ad.

Once I was dressed and ready for fall, I left on foot. I chose a condo in the center of the city so that getting around would be easy.

Dead leaves rolled around me and everything smelt so... good. You think I'd be exhausted after a night like last. I'm all giddy like a child who just received candy. I need to relax.

Once I arrived I was greeted by the regular Ginji.

He shouted my name as if he were waiting to see me all day.

"What's with you?" I chuckled, also feeling rather ecstatic this afternoon.

"You got a response!" he said with a wisp. Normally it's uncomfortable to hear but,

"What!?"

He pointed to the stack of newspapers. I snatched one and flipped to the personal columns.

Under an anonymous writer it wrote;

"It's me. I want you to stop looking for me. I know it's driving you crazy, but you don't want to see me now. I'm different. Have a good one."

The first and last sentences were words we often said to each other in games.

When I felt I couldn't trust him in goldfish he'd say "it's me," or when we would have to split up it was "have a good one," sometimes with a wink, sometimes without.

Kento... I felt my face get warm and my tears start to swell. "Kento," I was smiling dearly. Smiling happily knowing that he's alright.

When I read it again, the smile faded. I read it again and I sneered. I read it again and I scoffed. I read it again and "I need you to trace this, Ginji."

He laughed lightly when he said my name, "you know I can't do that."

"Not legally?"

"Not at all. I don't have the skill nor the time."

"Do you know anyone who might?"

"A detective maybe? A Hunter?"

Oh, please. Where am I gonna find Sherlock Holmes? Schedule a meeting with the chairman?