Chapter 14 - Breathing Technique

"So, six applicants have past?" The host announced, scratching down her pen on the paper.

Mizuki, at her most confidence, is not worried. Three new figures is approaching, and that just confirmed her suspicion. Gon just somehow reminds her of a certain maroon-head, who, even at the moment between life and death situation, always found a way to change the table.

"Ah, three more arrive at the last second."

They turn to look at the three.

"No. 404, Kurapika-san. No. 403, Leorio-san. And no. 405, Gon-san."

Gon, Kurapika and Leorio joined in the scene, looking messy and bruised all over their body. Almost as if they have gone through one hell of a challenge.

As the host announced each of their numbers and ended the phase, Mizuki didn't missed the exchange of a glare and a smirk between Gon and the renowned Psychotic Clown. She may not know well of what had happened between the two, but Mizuki can quite understand how people are attracted to Gon's unique cheerful energy which even Hisoka can't resist.

Have to keep that in mind.

___________________________________________________________

After the Fourth Phase, the passing applicants had all boarded on the airship and are told to wait for the next test. Mizuki thinks she ought to take a bath after what was three days in the wild with only the river water as her sources for cleanliness. She wasn't sure if boys had the same concern for the sake of their own cleanliness. How unsettling. . .

When Mizuki walks alone on the airship (Leorio and Kurapika had used up all that's left of their energy, opposite to Gon and Killua that's catching up and sharing their experience from recently), she couldn't keep her thoughts on straight line. She still has things up in the air; the Heaven Arena, the possibilities of other Slayers being here (?) and the fact that a certain long-enemy is here, currently on the same airship with her.

Mizuki just prayed she won't stumble on him, anytime now. No, she can't do it alone. She's seen his strength. No no no. Jumping into a battle with him are no different than jumping straight to the gateway to afterlife.

Thankfully, Mizuki manage to save the trouble of exploding her brain when the loudspeaker came off.

"I have an announcement for all applicants. The chairmen wishes to interview the remaining candidates. When you number is called, please come to the first reception room, on the second floor. Then we will start with Number 44, Hisoka-sama."

What was her number- she forgot.

Based on the recent exam phases, she's amongst the last of the applicants.

Welp, this is going to be a long wait.

When Mizuki retuned to the room (prepared by the hosts for the applicants to rest after passing the last phase), she stumbled upon Killua playing with his skateboard within the limited space the room could provide.

"Yo." He greeted after acknowledging her presence, in which she replied with a small hum before folding her legs and took a a seat on the floor.

"So . . ." the albino started. "Are we gonna talk about those techniques?"

Mizuki look to him in wonder. "What technique."

"Y'know! That thing you said to Hisoka! You guys were talking as if it was really cool, now I wanna learn it too!" He was now flapping his arms, looking almost dejected.

Mizuki closed her eyes in thoughts, humming softly whilst her arms crossed against her chest. Killua's patience was tested.

A smile cracked on her lips, but too faint to be notice even by then sharpest of the the eyes.