New Avengers (2010) Issue #34 Part 1

Start from the beginning

"How did Daniel die," Strange asked.

"I will explain at the end," Uatu responded.

"How are you alive," America Chavez asked. "We saw what a single blast of lighting did to Tony's armor earlier and you just took a blast from a possessed Thor. I doubt Voodoo was holding back."

"I know plenty of durability increasing spells," Doctor Strange said. "Currently nothing short of a planet destroying attack will kill me. And that is just my passive protection spell. I have many that are far more protective and powerful."

"Show off," Loki grumbled.

Strange decided not to humor him with a response. He also decided to ignore the look that were sent his way by almost everyone else in the room.

 He also decided to ignore the look that were sent his way by almost everyone else in the room

"Okay," Bruce said. "I know that Strange is fighting his friend and all that, but I have to ask. Why and how the hell is there a Red Hulk?"

"You know how in your universe, Hulk went to Sakaar," Uatu answered with a question. "In this unreserved he was forced off by a group of heroes called the Illuminati who saw him as a threat. Eventually he returned and wanted revenge for there actions. However two villains foresaw his return and contacted General Ross."

All the Earth based heroes groaned. They knew all about Ross and hated him. After all his actions with the Sokovia Accords was the reason they had broken up.

"When you say Illuminati, do you the the same people who I encountered in Universe 838," Strange questioned while suppressing a groan.

"I do," Uatu the Watcher responded. "With a few extra heroes."

"Just great," Strange said. "Anyways continue with the explanation."

"In this universe Betty Ross was killed and with the Hulk off world, Ross had no real purpose in life. So he agreed to help them. When Hulk returned he wanted revenge on the heroes who had betrayed him. And in the battle, they managed to siphon energy from the Hulk and after getting Bruce's body. Using these they gave Ross the powers and abilities to turn into a red version of the Hulk who was called Red Hulk."