Chapter 5

2012: New Orleans

"Druig guess what!? I have a crazy Aunt!"

"Oh really?" Druig responds.

"Yep. But sadly she's trying to kidnap our little niece so I will most likely have to kill her." Thyra sighs in exasperation.

"She deserves alot more than death if that's the case. Little Hope needs to meet her favourite uncle after all." Druig syas with a proud smile on his face.

"Speaking of favourites, have you found anything for Kol?" Thyra asks finally getting serious.

"I've found something that could work, the only problem is we would need a regent witch."

"That could be a problem." Tyyra responds.

"And why is that, my love?" Druig questions.

"The regent witch position is currently occupied by Josephine LaRue who's willingness to help vampires is close to none." Thyra replies in exasperation.

"Looks like I've got to go threaten another witch."

****

Jackson Kenner is laying on a table, where Freya is drawing an infinity symbol on his bare chest using the burned end of a sage smudge-stick.

Hayley and Rebekah watch worriedly as she works whilst Thyra looks on in boredom.

"By doing this, we should be able to trace Dahlia's signature all the way back to the source of her power. But, I'll need to dig deep." Freya explains to the other four in the room.

She then looks up at Thyra.

"Thyra, if I may channel you?"

"No. Why should I spend my magic on a plan that is undeniably stupid." The girl responds.

Freya shakes her head before glancing at Rebekah, looking uneasy, who then nods at the witch.

Hayley glares at Thyra before glancing down worriedly at Jackson.

"Are you sure you're okay with this?"

Jackson in response laughs uneasily. "Piece of cake!"

Hayley sighs and looks over at the girls. Rebekah takes Freya's hands in hers and holds them over Jackson's body as they both begin chanting the spell. Thyra, once again, watches on in boredom.

"Inveniere potencia reparon malifica. Inveniere potencia reparon malifica." The two wicthes chant in unison.

Jackson's back arches painfully as he groans, clearly in agony.

After a moment, Rebekah looks up at Freya and sees a vision of Dahlia standing behind her, holding her hand on Freya's shoulder.

Startled, Rebekah immediately lets go, though Freya assumes she did so because of Jackson's pain, and she stares at her hands in fright.

"Rebekah, we need to continue." Freya states gently.

"I..." Rebekah responds in shock, Hayley and Thyra giving her concerned looks.

"What is it Beks?" Thyra asks, interest peaked.

"What is it?" Hayley also question when there's no initial answer.

Rebekah moves her attention to Freya with an appealed expression on her face.

"You. You're the reason Dahlia is able to cast such powerful spells."

Her answer shocks Freya, who begins shaking her head in disagreement.

"She's channeling you!" Rebekah continues.