Chapter 28-A bet

Comincia dall'inizio

The crowd gasped.

Bai Yuan was already losing all his calmness and with the final blow, his strings finally snapped and he burst out laughing.

"Hahaha, Oh my my. You're so small and you're proposing to me in the middle of the street. Ah, my stomach hurts from laughing so much!"

The boy was now feeling really embarrassed, he puffed his cheeks and replied with confidence, "I'm not joking at all! "

By then Bai Yuan had already stood up and he saw an adorable boy puffing his cheeks like a puffer fish. He wasn't even tall enough to reach Bai Yuan's waist yet he proposed to him like that in front of so many spectators. Poor Bai Yuan was having a hard time controlling his laugh.

"Haha, little boy, what's your name?"

The boy clutched on Bai Yuan's robe as if he had no intentions of letting him go and replied, "Wen Bin."

"Actually, Wen Bin, I am already-"

"Married and my wife is already the Queen."

Bai Yuan was cut off from his speech and felt an arm wrapping around his waist from behind, "Ah- You surprised me!"

Wang Yiheng was closely following Bai Yuan from the moment they entered the market. As a result, he heard everything the boy said, and to not have his wife stolen, he felt the extreme urge to step in and bring that enemy down, even if it was small, a threat was always a threat.

The boy seemed pretty hurt and tears streamed down his puffed cheeks, "Father! Uwaaa"

Bai Yuan, "...."

Wang Yiheng, "...."

The crowd, "...."

Soon a middle-aged man came running to the scene and screamed, "My son!"

He was about to shout at the person who caused his only child misery, "How dare-" But then as if his mouth was scotch tapped, he stopped talking. After finding his lost soul back, he stammered in his speech and fell on his knees, "G-golden eyes...The Royal family! "

Wen Bin cried, "Father!"

Wen Bin's father slapped his foolish son's head and dragged him down to kneel with him, "You fool, why did you offend the royal family? Apologize now!"

Bai Yuan exchanged some glances between the grumpy emperor who was busy tackling a 10-year-old and the pathetic duo of father and son who just realized that they had unknowingly offended the royal family.

Bai Yuan quickly waved his hand and replied in a nervous tone, "It's okay, It's okay, he is just a child. I didn't mind at all."

"I mind," Yiheng replied with a grumpy tone. Bai Yuan looked at him with sharp eyes, " I'll deal with you later. Thanks to you, our identities are exposed!"

Bai Yuan freed himself from Wang Yiheng and instead took his arm to drag him to an isolated corner. The crowd had already dismissed themselves by then.

Reaching the corner, Bai Yuan immediately Kabedon-ed Wang Yiheng. But, since Yiheng was a head taller and more muscular than him, he was having a tough time declaring his dominance.

*Kabedon-refers to a character asserting their dominance over an individual by entrapping them against the wall using their hands.

Bai Yuan clicked his tongue, "Your majesty, did you have to hurt the child like that?"

Wang Yiheng just helplessly stared at him and didn't reply. It was not like him, what was he even trying to prove by winning against some random kid? Bai Yuan was his wife, and they have an adorable son, now that he was back from the battlefield, he just had to win his wife's heart and make the culprits responsible for Bai Yuan's sufferings pay back. So why did he act so childishly? Yiheng, you fool.