I won't ask you to wait if you don't ask me to stay ~

Pairing: Xavier Thorpe x fem!reader

Warnings: enemies to lovers, but mostly for Xavier because you are a sweetheart and who could ever hate you?

~

There's some things Xavier truly despise about you, the way you always seem to know the answer to whatever question the professor asks, the way you always have that smirk on your face when you ace another exam, the way you never shut up or when you never take off the gloves on your hands, and the list could go and go and go.

So when the rumor about that normie that asked you on a date, he knew that was another reason to hated you.

Xavier couldn't help to think that your ego was really high and even if you were a bit secretive about your personal affairs, the whole school loved to talk about you. I guess that was another fact of his hatred.

The fair had arrived a bit earlier this month and the school was happily giving passes to every student so they could go and enjoy it. It was Ajax the one who persuade him into going, but in reality he didn't want to. He just wanted to go into his shed, close the door, put some music and enjoy the small quiet space while he painted.

But now he was sitting on one of the benches, cotton candy on one hand, a corndog on the other and a sour face. He was clearly enjoying this. Xavier sighed as he just wanted to do anything else than being here.

"Dude, dude, dude!" Ajax pushed him a bit as he sat on the bench. "Guess what I just saw?"

Xavier couldn't help but sigh again. "What."

"Remember the normie that asked (L/N) out on a date?" Ajax was getting so giddy with the story that Xavier decided to ignore him but nodded anyway. "Well, the guy never show up! She's been there sitting all alone and creepy, isn't it awesome?" He raised his hand and Xavier stared at it. Ajax moved it a bit. "Dude, high-five?"

Xavier frowned, "What?"

"Yeah dude, this is like your chance to go and laugh about it!" Ajax grabbed the corndog and the cotton candy. "Go, go."

Xavier quickly stood up and began walking towards your location and he saw you there, sitting all alone. He sighed, placing his hands on his pockets and walked a bit slower. He stood next to you and stayed quiet.

"If you came here to make a joke, let me tell you that you are a bit late, the others already came to laugh about it." You stared at your hands, not really having the strength to look at him. "Sorry."

"You think I came here for that?" Xavier asked you, he was a little bit offended but when you turned to face him, whatever he was feeling just disappeared at how distraught you were. "Move." His hand gently pushed you to make room for him.

You huffed but kept quiet, you began tapping the table with your fingers, trying your hardest to kept your cool. "Ajax told you?" You murmured.

Xavier nodded, placing his hands on the table and interwinding his fingers. "Did he show up?" He gently asked you.

You bit your lip and shook your head. "In a way." Your voice wabbling a bit. Your hand quickly went into your purse, got your phone and unlocked. You put it on the table. "Took a photo and left."

Xavier grabbed the phone and the anger he was feeling got bigger, he bit his cheek to refrain himself to curse in front of you.

There it was, a simple photo of you sitting here, waiting.

'SIKE! Good luck next time freek!'

"He didn't even spell freak right." You laughed but Xavier could hear the tears burning on your throat. "Stupid right?"

"C'mon, grab your things." He gave you your phone back and stood up, watching you.

"What?"

"C'mon, there's a convenient store closer, it's a bit of a walk but it's close." His hands went quickly into the pockets of his jacket, his head nodding to the side. "C'mon."

You sighed. "What are you doing Xavier?" But still stood up anyway.

"I just told you, I'm hungry so let's go."

You sighed again and began following him, the walk was quiet as neither one of you were too comfortable to be in each other presence. Xavier glance at your direction, noticing how you were trembling for a bit. I mean it was quite obvious, you weren't dressed for the cold but he understood, you wanted to make an impression. But you didn't need to. He thought.

"You cold?" He broke the silence, you turned to face him but shook your head.

"Uh, no." You paused. "I'm fine."

"Liar." He shook off his jacket, he felt the cold but he didn't care. His hand offering you his jacket, you stared at it and gently took it. Your gloved hands quickly putting it on. "Why the gloves?" He was curious.

"So I don't accidently touch anyone." You whispered, your eyes on your hands. "Um, principal Weems gave them to me after my parents transferred me here, after the accident."

"Accident?" Xavier began wondering if he truly knew you if he ignored the rumors.

You nodded. "Um, a guy kissed me on my other school but he kinda...just...died, so that's why the gloves."

Xavier then realized that you actually never have a group on your own to just hang out, you were always alone and the reason wasn't that you thought superior. You just didn't want to touch the others. "I um, I make things come to life, mostly my paintings."

You softly smiled at him. "Yeah, I know, um, my first day you made a cat spook me after I left principal Weems's office."

He smiled. "Kinda awesome, don't you think?" And you nodded, still smiling and he smiled back.

"So," You started, this is the first time he was talking to you and you didn't want to fuck it up. "What are you going to buy?"

"Kinda craving some ramen." He shrugged. "Wanna share?"

"Oh." You paused. "Really?"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Well, um." You hesitated. "I don't..."

"We are sharing." He bumped your shoulders with his and you froze, stopping completely. "You okey?"

You stared at Xavier and waited for him to just drop dead.

He didn't.

"Yeah." You sighed in relief. "Totally,"

Xavier offered you a smile and nodded back to the road. "Cool."