Ch 11

Juliana

I did not know what was going on. Both of the men were if front of me on the floor. When the first one had decided to crawl towards me, his hair caught my attention. After he stopped, he looked at me once and then rested his head on the floor, facing the wall. Fascinated I stared at his hair until the urge to touch it overrode my fear.

It was as soft as a cloud. The strands seemed to gleam in my hand as they passed through my fingers. I had never touched anything that felt this good.

Suddenly, the man talked into the ground and I felt vibrations through the floor.

I looked up to see the other man getting on the ground and continues over here with a cup and a bowl. I looked at the both of them in confusion.

Why hadn't they beat me yet and why are they getting on the ground?

He looked so comical while being on his stomach and elbows. Giggling, I noticed I had stopped touching the man in front of me.

Eventually both of them were on the ground laying down facing each other. The cup was filled with water and the bowl of fruit, I discovered, had been put with in reach of me. I hadn't touched them.

Looking at the bowl, I felt small vibrations. The original man to get on the ground was tapping his finger on the floor.

Brandon

The minute I heard her giggle, my world stood still. It was the most beautiful sound ever. I guess anyone would laugh at how ridiculous I look.

When I reached her, I put the cup and bowl in front of her and faced my brother.

"What is the plan?" I inquired.

"I believe her to be deaf. To put this to the test I haven't talked to her except when I first attempted to get her attention. She has responded to the air shifting and visual ques."

He then began to tap the floor with his fingers. My angel turn her attention from the bowl to him. He stopped and point to his mouth and ears.

"I think you are deaf. We mean you no harm and want to help you." He said.

She looked at him for a minute, assessing the situation. Her eyes held intelligence and understanding.

Slowly she spoke. "Yes, Deaf."

Smiling, my twin continued. "Please do not fear us, we found you in the town. My name is Matthew and this is my twin, Brandon."

She looked at me and smiled. "Thank you. No fear."