Ch 9

Juliana

As I looked at the sky, I saw a shooting star. The tail looked so long, it was the size of my pinky.

"Mom, look a shooting star!" I shouted, pointing skywards towards the slow moving star.

"Oh baby, that isn't a shooting star, it's a comet. It is said that comets only happen every hundred years or so." She said as she walked up behind me.

"But... are they sleepy? They move so slow. Daddy says that the shooting stars are racing."

"Well they might be, but the comets are looking for their One love."

"One love?" I voiced, looking up at my mother's face.

"Yes baby, their one true love. The one that will always treasure them."

"Do I have a One love? Is Daddy yours?"

"Well Daddy wasn't my one love at first. But baby, yours is out there looking for you right now."

Upon awakening, I kept my eyes closed. I could feel a mattress under me and warmth on either side of me. It felt indescribably warm. As if I was right beside a fire. As I thought of the warmth, the day before rushed up on me. Escaping! I'm free! With that thought, fear began to grow in me. I held my breath and opened my eyes.

I looked up at a beautiful ceiling. It had an arch with tresses and beams. It was all warm colored looking very similar to cherry wood. As I was staring at the ceiling in wonder, I felt some thing on the bed move. My body stiffened in fear and I turned my head to look beside me. A foot away was the handsomest man I have ever seen. He had an angular face with a strong jawline and beautiful long chestnut hair. His face was peaceful with a tiny frown. He was also sleeping on the bed in trousers.

Feeling fear growing in my stomach I felt a breath of air on my other side. Looking the other way I saw another man. This one was similar faced as the other but looked fierce, yet also handsome. He had a slight scowl surrounded by shoulder length mahogany hair. He was naked except for a pair of short baggy trousers.

Although they were sleeping without touching me, I feared for my life. A whimper escaped. The fierce man's eyes whipped open and he smiled. Seeing me awake he began to speak while getting up. On the other side of me, the other man also got off the bed. Seeing that they were up and talking to each other while looking at me, I got off the bed in the middle of the room and ran to the corner. Cowering, I put my hands over my head and whimpered.

Matthew

The minute I heard that whimper, I woke up to look into the most beautiful pair of midnight purple eyes ever. Looking at my mate, I saw my twin also awaken.

"Babe, you just stay in bed. Matt, get up! You slept just fine on the way home" I said getting off the bed.

"Yeah but I had to clean and bandage her. Sorry Angel, but you were bleeding."

"Yes you helped but still you slept more than I did. Now Babe, we have some things to discuss. First things first, what is your name? Secondly, why were you unconscious, naked and bleeding in the town?" I asked as I met my brother in front of my bed.

"Bro, take some time, she might not want to talk to us." He said as he stood beside me.

Turning to him I said, "We need to know, but-"

I was interrupted by the sound of another whimper. I turned around towards the noise, along with my brother. What met my sight broke my heart. My mate was in the room's corner crouched with her hands on her head, whimpering and hiding her face.

"What's wrong? Please, please stop cowering. Angel, please stop, we're not going to hurt you. You are safe. My Angel! Please raise your head" Getting on his knees, he begged. "I promise you are safe. Please look at us. Tell us what is wrong."My brother pleaded.

"Brandon, something is wrong." Looking at her, she was not responding to anything we said. She wasn't even indicating that she heard us.

"Brandon, can you do something for me? I think I know what is wrong."

"What do you know?" he demanded with a stomp. In the corner of my eye I saw my mate flinch.

"I didn't do anything, you idiot! I was with you the whole time we've had her!" I said with frustration.

"Fine! But you will explain all of this! What do you want!"

"Get me some cut up fruit, and a cup of water."

"Got it!" He said as he raced out of the room.

Sighing, I took the blanket off the bed and slowly waved it in the air, creating a draft.