Chapter 19 - Then I Wake Up

I jump out of bed and run to my phone. 10 missed calls. From Chase? I thought he didn't like me anymore because he thought I was a lesbian?

I run out of my room and my dad stops me. "Woah, Roxy, slow down. Where are you going?"

"Danielle's house...I need to talk to her it's important..." I run out and jog to her house.

When she opens the door, she look oddly happy to see me, considering last I left her she was pissed.

"Danielle, what happened the other day. That didn't mean anything. I mean, it wasn't supposed to happen! And the picture, I don't know who took it and why they took it, that's weird, and Chase, and Gigi..." I ramble.

Danielle throws her arms on my shoulders. "ROXY!!" She shouts. She gives me a confused look. "What happened the other day?? And what picture?? Roxy, you're confusing me..."

Now it's my turn to look confused. "You ended our friendship because of that picture..."

Danielle drops her arms. "I have no clue what you're talking about."

I think about it. All of it did happen kind of fast. It was strange. How could I have had sex with Danielle?? How could Chase be with Gigi??

That's it!

One more thing I need to do to see if what I'm thinking is right.

I drive to Chase's house and bang my hands on his door.

He opens it, and smiles the second he sees me. "Hey beautiful..." He starts to hug me but I push him away.

"Why are you trying to hug me when you're with Gigi?"

"Gigi? Who's Gigi? Oh your locker partner? She's hot, but not that hot."

I nod and walk away. "Okay thanks, bye!" I start to run before he can say anything but it's too late.

"Hey, Roxy? A few friends and I are going to the park later this afternoon, you want to come?" He looks hopeful. Sort of cute.

No Roxy. Stop.

Don't say yes.

Please don't say yes.

I smile, "Sure, Chase! Why not!"

ROXYYYY!!!

____________

Chase picks me up around 3pm and takes me to the park.

I'm still trying to figure out why all that happened felt so real. It wasn't real at all. It was all just a dream and I can't believe I almost told Danielle about us having sex because that would just make our friendship really weird.

Chase sits on the swing and I sit next to him.

"They should be here soon." He says quietly.

I nod. I can't believe I agreed to hanging out with him.

After an hour of silence, his friends finally show up.

Chase stands and offers me his hand. I shake my head.

"I'm going to stay here for awhile. I need to think about things."

Chase sits next to me. "Then I'm going to stay with you."
I shake my head. "Go hang out with your friends."

It's his turn to shake his head. "I'm staying with you."

And then I swore I heard him say "and I'll always stay with you."

****

Holy shit balls. This story is almost over. My guess is probably two chapters left. One more chapter and then an epilogue. Crap when did this happen? I feel like I've been working on this story for two years! Oh wait I have. I've been off and on with this story for two years and now I'm actually very sad to see it coming so close to an end. Do you think Roxy is going to never date Chase? Do you think she'll always think he is a sex hungry teen? Or do you think she'll give in? Comment your thoughts done below and tysm for all this love and support. I know this isn't the best story but it isn't meant to be.

+ tysm for 4.62k reads <3

Xoxo,
Ellie