New Guardians

The next morning as the group arrives back Eglantine runs over and hugs Soren.

"Soren! Soren!" Eglantine shouts happily.

"Oh Eg. I have wonderful news to share with you." Soren says as he smiles.

"I think that can wait Soren." Alexis says as she sees two owls coming over.

"Ma! Da!" Soren shouts happily as he runs over to the pair of owls.

"We're so proud of you." The female owl says happily.

"Da the stories. They're real." Soren says as he looks at the male owl.

"You made them real Soren." The male owl says as Alexis comes over.

"Ma, Da I have someone I'd really like for you to meet." Soren says as he gestures to Alexis who gives a nervous look.

"Um hello." Alexis says shyly.

"Hello dear. Who is this Soren?" The female owl asks.

"Ma, Da I want you to meet Alexis. The princess of the Great Tree and as of earlier this morning my mate." Soren says proudly as Alexis smiles kindly.

"It's nice to meet you both." Alexis says kindly.

"That's my boy! I knew you'd find a beautiful mate and a princess at that." The male owl says proudly.

"Well princess for now. I am supposed to take over rule from my father one day. But I am happy I won't have to do it alone." Alexis says as she looks at Soren and smiles.

"From now on we'll face everything together." Soren says as he nuzzles Alexis.

*1 Year Timeskip*

"As it was in the old ages... ...so it was in the new. The Guardians upheld their oath that night. I foretold you so! They made strong the weak and mended the broken. And when the sun shone again that morning... all could see that they had vanquished the evil. With the peace restored it was a time for celebration and recognition that our small band of owls who fate and a storm had blown into the Tree now stood before its king and queen as young Guardians. Ready finally. With all their hearts to take that ancient oath. To mend those who are broken, to make strong the weak, and, without hesitation, vanquish the evil. For as we know Nyra escaped. And Kludd? Well Kludd was never found. Should I stop?" Soren asks as he is telling a story to young owlets with Alexis nearby in a nest in her shared hollow with Soren.

"What? Please don't stop." Pete says disappointedly.

"I don't wanna give anyone daymares." Soren says as Alexis smiles and chuckles slightly.

"Oh come on. There must be more. There must be." The children say anxiously as Ezylryb comes over.

"Ha, ha. Listen to them, Soren. They want more stories. Well, come on, you lot. Let's not disappoint them. Ah. There's a good storm brewing. And if we're lucky, it'll be chock full of baggywrinkles." Ezylryb says as he flies off before Alexis goes over to Soren and nuzzles him.

"Be careful dear." Alexis says.

"I will." Soren says as he nuzzles Alexis back.

"I wish I could come with you." Alexis says.

"I know but with three eggs that are soon to hatch you're better needed here. I promise we'll switch off on our missions once our eggs have hatched." Soren says as he looks at the three eggs in his and Alexis's nest.

"Good. Because they're gonna get equal time with their father and soon to be king too." Alexis says as she smiles.

"Trust me once our eggs hatch I'm not certain I'll wanna leave for a bit. I love you and I'll be back soon." Soren says as Alexis gets back in the nest to lay on the eggs.

"I love you too. Be careful Soren." Alexis says as Soren smiles at her.

"Always." Soren says before flying off.